PMW-300 Battery Connection Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:17 PM   #1
Major Player

PMW-300 Battery Connection Problem

I have run into a battery power problem with my 300. I cannot get a battery to connect to it. I can only use the power supply to power the camera. I am not sure exactly where the problem lies, if it's the battery release button not engaging/disengaging problem or something else. The pins that align with the holes in the battery appear to be straight and not bent. I tried three batteries, 2 Sonys and 1 aftermarket, and none of them will connect to the camera. Has anyone else experienced this?
Jim Nogueira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: PMW-300 Battery Connection Problem

Strange. I wonder if it is worth trying a full factory reset of the camera - just in case it is some software problem? Just an idea.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 03:05 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, Andy. It appears to be a physical, hardware problem. The battery will not "click" into place like it usually does. I am hoping that it's not an expensive Sony repair. I have taken apart and repaired previous Sony cameras that I have owned myself, but I can't even find a service manual or full exploded view parts schematics for the 300 anywhere. Sony Parts has some, but not what I need.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 08:21 AM   #4
Major Player

Whew! Turned out to be a simple fix. One of the four screws on the inside of the battery compartment had become loose, and was sticking out just far enough to prevent the battery from sliding in enough to engage. Tightening the screw was all that was needed. Huge sigh of relief!
Old March 3rd, 2017, 09:01 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Thanks for update. Just checked mine - all 4 screws tight :-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds