Sony PXW x70 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 5th, 2017, 04:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony PXW x70

Hi

Is it worth getting a Sony pxw x70 for church event. So far found used ones on eBay. Do you recommend this camera or is it worth getting a different one.
Old August 6th, 2017, 05:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sony PXW x70

How do you plan on using it for "Church Events"? I only ask because it could be overkill. If all you need is a small camera for webcasting or livestreaming mass you can probably do it for less, the AX100 should be comparable.

For me, shooting weddings, it's great. Has a very long zoom range, nice color, ND filters, XLR inputs, 1" sensor, great for churches, (admittedly some reception/dark dance floors it struggles without additional lighting), and a 4K upgrade option future proofs it for 5-7 years. Its a small little bugger, but it packs a heckuva punch. The more you dive into the settings (Steadyshot, Scene Selects, Profiles) the more you can do with it. But yeah its a great little camera. Great run & gun camera.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 07:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Will be using it for livestream. Also for Interview. At this moment I do have a GH5 that I am using but still want get a regular camera since you can live stream directly from the camera itself. So far I am evaluating I am still evaluating to see if I should get this camera or just wait. Also I will be using it for Interviews and some jobs that came up like quinceaneras.
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #4
Major Player

The X70 only live streams by itself to Ustream. For others, you need to stream through the HDMI or SDI to a computer or Teradek or similar.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2017, 04:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I may have to wait before I purchase a new camera. I putting everything on hold until next year to purchase a new camera. I though about the X70 but I may go to a different camera. I have been reading about the jvc, and Panasonic cameras. Possible I may go back to a Canon camera.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 12:03 AM   #6
Major Player

Next year will be another new ball game. There will be X amount of new cameras out.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 07:36 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I will come back to the room post a new question next year if I can't make up my mind on the camera. Anyways happy Wednesday to everyone.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 07:36 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald McPherson View Post
Next year will be another new ball game. There will be X amount of new cameras out.
ad infinitum ;-)

i've generally bought last years model heavily discounted. unless you're changing format (eg. hd to 4k), i see little difference in same 'price range' that warrant staying on the treadmill.
Old August 26th, 2017, 10:26 AM   #9
Major Player

Personally I'd like to see the VG series continue, but with a bit of an overhaul. Take the 4k DSLR's & sensors and fit it into a camcorder body & ergonomics, addon an XLR input. Either a VG40 or a VG9 (based upon the VG900 which didn't sell well)
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 12:27 AM   #10
Trustee

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...hdr_xdcam.html
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds