XDCAM /VISTA Question - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old May 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston View Post
If you're at this firmware revision, you should be beyond the revision that required the jig. I believe it was back around AT 1.53/1.54 where the special jig was needed.

When you download the drivers, it will include a file that explains the process in detail and what changes/fixes are in the current version.

-gb-
Thanks for that info on firmware, I am now updated to version (AT 1.07 1.93) on my 330L and things are still the same HD footage can still not be taken from my 330L to the computer using Vista home premium, anyone any other ideas.
Thomas
Thomas Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Quinn View Post
Thanks for that info on firmware, I am now updated to version (AT 1.07 1.93) on my 330L and things are still the same HD footage can still not be taken from my 330L to the computer using Vista home premium, anyone any other ideas.
Thomas
Thomas,

AT: 1.07 - Package: 1.93 is not the latest firmware for your PDW-F330.

The latest version is AT: 1.70 - Package 1.96, and was released early this year.

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/son...l-PDWF330.aspx
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:04 AM   #18
Major Player

Had a weird thing happening myself yesterday using Windows Vista Ultimate. Pulled a back-up harddrive from the shelf, but I wasn't able to connect it with the firewire connection. The device manager sees the drive, but I can't get the data from it through firewire. As I connected it via the USB it worked fine. Hmmm strange.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks Ivan
I have now upgraded to The latest version is AT: 1.70 - Package 1.96, and PDZ (Ver2-23 which has FAM drivers for vista support, but still no joy,
I cannot use the HD footage shot on the XDCAM
Anyone any other suggestions,

Or is anyone using XDCAM HD on a vista computer
Thomas
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #20
Wrangler

Quote:
Or is anyone using XDCAM HD on a vista computer
Thomas
Yes I am, but it's Vista Business version. Other than that, I am using the F350 as opposed to the 330. We'll keep plugging away at it until you get it figured out.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #21
Wrangler

Quote:
Yes the camera can be recognised by vista and can be used in DVCAM mode
Wait a second. Do you have the iLink setting in your camera set to FAM mode? If AV/C, it won't transfer HD material, only streaming DVCAM.

Just wondering,

-gb-
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Wait a second. Do you have the iLink setting in your camera set to FAM mode? If AV/C, it won't transfer HD material, only streaming DVCAM.

Just wondering,

-gb-
Yes I have indeed Greg,
Its set for FAM, Just wondering is it my version of Vista, as you say you are on Vista Business version and having no issues, but I would like to be sure before spending any more loot
Thomas
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Hi Thomas,
I have Vista Home with Vegas8 and XDCAM Viewer and everything works allright so it should work with you also.

No clou where to find the solution though...

sorry.
Old May 19th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco Romeijn View Post
Hi Thomas,
I have Vista Home with Vegas8 and XDCAM Viewer and everything works allright so it should work with you also.

No clou where to find the solution though...

sorry.
Thanks everyone, for their input on this, I got XDCAM HD and Vista home premium working as it did in XP by reinstalling a 32bit version of vista, Thanks to advice from German guy, on another forum (my computer had a 64bit version installed) (Sony have not yet released 64bit drivers for the f330 XDCAM for HD use with vista) and I was not aware until now about this 32/64bit thing
Thomas
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #25
Major Player

Ah, if only you'd said it was 64 bit before - could have said it wasn't compatible with 64bit, even though the drivers will install!

Glad you got it sorted though :)
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #26
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gale View Post
Ah, if only you'd said it was 64 bit before - could have said it wasn't compatible with 64bit, even though the drivers will install!
Yeah, we were missing that one little detail, else this thread might have been a bit shorter... DOH!

-gb-
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Quote:
Yeah, we were missing that one little detail, else this thread might have been a bit shorter... DOH!

-gb-
Yea its always the little things you over look,
just couldn't find any reference on any searches I tried, here and a few other forums,that Sony did not provide XDCAM HD drivers for vista 64bit.
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:33 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Thomas, I don't know if the 330 has an option to connect via ethernet cable, but if it does, you might want to explore this one. I have a PDW700 and have connected the camera directly to a 64bit vista machine via the ethernet protocols, then xfered files using the proxy browsing software, and also vegas 8.

Peter
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM   #29
Major Player

Nope, the PDW-F3xx series don't have the option to connect via ethernet.
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:53 AM   #30
Taken away too young... rest in peace Eugene

Is there any estimate that anyone has heard from Sony on when 64-bit drivers will be available?

More and more new computers are coming with 64-bit Vista by default, not to mention NLEs that are true 64-bit.

So just to summarize, currently if one uses a 64-bit OS, one can not install the FAM driver (in a working state) and therefore can not download or upload from/to the camera, and one can not use the U1 drive either for the same reason?

Does this also mean that MXF files stored on hard drives wouldn't work in a 64-bit OS currently, either?

Thanks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts