Anyone get PDZ-1 or PDZk1 work in FAM with Windows 7? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone get PDZ-1 or PDZk1 work in FAM with Windows 7?

I have just acquired a new machine and I'm haveing a heck of a time trying to get my PDW-F70 to work with my new Windows 7 machine. I've installed what I believe to be the latest Sony Software (PDZ-1, PDZK1, Vegas Pro 8). The deck says it is in PC Remote, but I cannot access it through Windows explorer or Vegas on any of the Sony software. Anyone have any idea of what is going on here. I've installed the FAM driver too. My os is 32 bit not 64. I'm pulling my hair out here...
Greg Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Wrangler

Windows 7 is not supported yet. The problem is not in the browser software, it's in the ProDisc driver. That's the driver that tells Windows how to communicate with your removable storage device. I had the same issue when Vista first came out. My solution was to ingest on a Windows XP machine, then move the files to the Vista machine via LAN. Once you get the files in, you're all set.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply. I've just made the switch to 7 (not my choice). I may just use load XP on this machine. I'm lobbying to get a Mac, are there any issues that you know of with FAM and Snow Leopard?
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:32 AM   #4
Major Player

the PDW-U1 drive works fine here with Win7/64, this allows for faster transfer than from camera

the FAM driver for the camera is not available yet, Sony told me around June 2010
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks guys, I may just revert back to XP
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:55 AM   #6
Trustee

FAM with Windows 7?

Had the same problem here on Win 7 64-bit. Can't guarantee that the following will fix it for you but it did for me after I did the following.

I installed Vista 64 FAM driver v2.20. The deck went into 'PC remote' but the deck couldn't be seen in Explorer.

I then installed the latest firmware for the PDW-F70 which is Package v1.98. Since the upgrade all FAM functions are working perfectly in Win 7 64.

BUT! If I tried to use the Ethernet card (the PDBK-101 Ethernet card is an option for the F70) it was no go on FAM transfer. Same thing happened with the PDBK-102 card. This is the TS streaming card for capturing and recording HDV stream if required. No I/O available.

Hunted around and sure enough there were firmware upgrades for both cards. Updated the firmware on both cards and, voila! All F70 functions and cards working perfectly with Vegas v8 and v9 on Win 7 64-bit.

I think the upgrade should also work for you on Win 7 32-bit. FAM 32-bit support was fine on Vista 32 it was the slow support for Vista 64 FAM that was killing us. Seeing as the Vista 64-bit FAM driver is working fine in Win 7 64 I would imagine that the Vista 32-bit FAM driver should work okay in Win 7 32.

Just make sure you follow the upgrade instructions in the pdf file that comes with the firmware download. Follow all the steps EXACTLY to the letter and you should be fine. You will need a Sony Memory Stick to execute the upgrade. There is a memory stick slot on the back of the F70 for upgrading the firmware.

You can get the latest PDW-F70 firmware from:

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/son...el-PDWF70.aspx

You can also download all the latest FAM drivers and software from the same site. Just use the search function.

It seems important to make sure you have the latest firmware on your decks and cameras to work with the latest FAM drivers. We also found this to be the case with the PDW-F700 cameras and the HD1500 decks. Good luck!
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:59 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Hey Christopher,

Wanna give a a quick run through about how to load the new firmware update on the PDW-F70? I've got the update on the memory stick and it is in the machine. What's next?

Thanks
Greg Patch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts