2/3" to 1/2" adapter stuck on my 2/3" Canon broadcast lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 6th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

2/3" to 1/2" adapter stuck on my 2/3" Canon broadcast lens

Hi,

has anyone ever had such a problem: I used to have my 2/3" broadcast lenses on my PDW-F350. Now I would want to mount one special wide-angle lens on my PDW-700 but I canīt get the adapter off the lens any more. Itīs stuck and doesnīt move at all. Maybe someone has experience in unmounting adapters from lenses without destroying neither the lens nor the adapter ?!:-)

Thanks for your help,
Emanuel

By the way: I bought the adapter from MTFservices.com - itīs amazing and worked brilliantly!

Last edited by Emanuel Altenburger; December 6th, 2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Problem solved. Finally.
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Trustee

Emmanuel,
I am not sure this can help but the mechanical issue might be alleviated if you leave the lens on the camera while it is mounted to a sturdy tripod and try and remove the lens while leaving the adapter on the camera. Be gentle but firm. You also might want to contact MTF directly and ask what they recommend.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your reply. That was very helpful - thatīs also what I did.
Also contacted MTF and it worked out great in the end! Thanks again, Mike!
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #4
Trustee

Glad it worked out with no breakage. Sometimes it is surprising how much force is required to take something apart.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts