Sony Neglect of Pro Users at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old September 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Major Player

Sony Neglect of Pro Users

I'll keep this short, but the multiple software releases (XDCAM Browser, Transfer, Aggravator) with different names & functionality that lack meaningful revision numbers is inexcusable. Version 1.0 of the transfer app didn't seem to work for anyone. The documentation of the Sony Micro Sites for editing software is way way out of date.... useless and a waste of time. If clients didn't call me for XDCAM-HD or XDCAM-EX I would have these cameras on Ebay today. I am tired of scouring the forums to solve export, conversion, import questions for clients...that should be on the Sony Micro Sites for each format and kept up to date. Grrrrrr!

I have my thing figured out, but everyone is different.... today's challenge is to shoot with a Sony 700 in IMX and deliver to an editor using Premier CS5. 5.5 will do it, 5 does not.... free anger management lessons to the person that has any good ideas. I'm not up for buying $400 MainConcept software for a one shot format hassle.

Crank out new cameras weekly and never look back... crappy way to run a business. Do love my F3... use it with a nanoFlash to make straight-up MOV or MXF's ... no hassles.
Am I alone?
Thank you, I feel much better.
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Sony Neglect of Pro Users

I see your point, and sympathize.

However, the old days of convincing one's clients to buy player machine to support your format were more difficult than getting them to download a free driver these days.

Things have improved, though Sony could do a better job.
Peter Newsom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts