XDCAM HD music video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 23rd, 2006, 04:26 AM   #1
Trustee

XDCAM HD music video

Hi all,

This is the music video I shot with the F330. All shot in a day. First XDCAM HD production in the UK?

http://www.simonwyndham.co.uk/project_valkyrie.htm

I will eventually upload a HD version if people want to see it. Though just waiting for the software that will allow me to read the MXF files!
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 05:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Very nice Simon. More than a good days work. Would love to see the HD once it is available.

Lots of camera moves. Crane? Dolly w jib arm?
Old April 23rd, 2006, 05:18 AM   #3
Trustee

Yep, we had a dolly and a light jib.

I've put up a few photos from the shoot up on http://xdcam.com.au/modules/xoopsgal...umName=album07

There should be more in Showreel which you guys should be able to get hold of at NAB.

I want to get the HD version finished. But of course the NLE compatibility thing reared its ugly head. Hopefully it won't be too long.
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Rextilleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham
Yep, we had a dolly and a light jib.

I've put up a few photos from the shoot up on http://xdcam.com.au/modules/xoopsgal...umName=album07

There should be more in Showreel which you guys should be able to get hold of at NAB.

I want to get the HD version finished. But of course the NLE compatibility thing reared its ugly head. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Very nice--what lens did you use? Also, someone posted that Sony will be announcing support for the XDCAM HD in the next version of Vegas---Suppose to make the announcement at NAB--Have you heard anything.
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks David,

Sony supplied a Canon HJ17 lens and the 2/3" adaptor. So I used that most of the time. Although for some shots I tried out a Canon J11 for more width. The trouble with the 2/3 adaptor was the increase in focal length.

Strangely I noticed more chroma abberation on the HJ17 than I did on the J11, a standard def lens!
Old April 24th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks Simon, for sharing that.

Which of the Gamma curves did you use? Was there much grading/CC in post?
Old April 24th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #7
Trustee

Hi Alex,

I used the STD gamma curve. I thoight about using the Cinecurves, but I didn't have confirmation from Sony as to their precise characteristics until after I had finished the shoot. If I was to do it again I would probably have used one of them, perhaps Cine 4.

Grading was only very simple. I warmed up the highs ever so slightly, and gave a green tint to the blacks. And that was it. Originally I wasn't going to grade at all. But I gave into temptation :) Oh, yes, I did make a slight s-curve to the curves, as well as legalising levels for the DVD version, of course.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts