Firmware Here - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 16th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #46
Trustee

just upgraded my 350 firmware. i followed the instructions and it completed in about 2 minutes. when i went into the diagnostics menu it was already upgraded from the memory stick upgrdade. is this possible?
Old December 16th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #47
Trustee

Not with you Phil, please clarify?
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 11:24 PM   #48
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom
just upgraded my 350 firmware. i followed the instructions and it completed in about 2 minutes. when i went into the diagnostics menu it was already upgraded from the memory stick upgrdade. is this possible?
The full update requires about 20 minutes to complete. Sounds like you've only updated the first portion so that you now have a ROM version screen from which you can initiate the remainder of the process.

Make sure you are following the directions from the Word document attached to http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....7&postcount=10. They are accurate.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #49
Trustee

i have followed the instructions completely. It's just when I turned the camera on and went to the d menu after the memory stick flashing the firmware already said 1.56 not 1.04 as the instructions say.

So I did the upgrade anyway, perhaps I already had the correct firmware on my camera, it's new so maybe it was done at the factory. I never actually checked, only had it a few days!!!
Old December 17th, 2006, 04:14 AM   #50
Trustee

If it says 1.56, then you already have the updated firmware installed.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #51
Major Player

new owner

I just received a 350 and when I checked the Diagnosis menu the ROM package version showed 1.56 already loaded. Looks like the other viewing software is also the latest versions.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #52
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Willis
I just received a 350 and when I checked the Diagnosis menu the ROM package version showed 1.56 already loaded. Looks like the other viewing software is also the latest versions.
Welcome aboard, Bob. Yeah you definitely have the latest software as there was no ROM version screen to look at on the earlier version. Sometimes when a revision like this comes out, the dealers do the upgrades to all their inventory. Just make sure your printed manual corresponds to the latest version. I suspect it is since you say you have the latest versions of the software that accompany the camera.

So which lens did you get?

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 09:04 AM   #53
Major Player

Greg, the manual must be new because it showed me where I could find the Diagnostic/ROM version.

I had a Fujinon S8.5X4.2BEVM that I was using on a Panasonic AJ-D700 DVCPro camera that I had modified with a Sony Bayonet mount. I use the 12 pin lens cable instead of the dual hot shoe connections and everything is working well. I have not had the chance to look at the combination on a HD monitor, but it looks good on my Sony PVM 14".

I also picked up a used Fujinon S20X6.4BERM that has a Sony dual hot shoe mount to use as a telephoto lens.

I have only had a few days with the camera but it is amazing. A whole new way of thinking about video. More like my Nikon Digital still camera. Hopefully Sony will improve all the viewing and managing software into a more cohesive software unit.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts