DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   MTF correspondence (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/490203-mtf-correspondence.html)

Ron Wilk January 15th, 2011 10:08 AM

MTF correspondence

Just wondering if anyone has ever received a reply to e-mails sent?

I have sent several e-mails to MTF via their website and have yet to receive, other than their automated response, a reply to a single one.

My latest was a request for information in re the proposed shipping date for their new NIkon to F3 adapter. Although the camera delivery is still up in the air, I paid in advance for the adapter that, according to their website, was to be shipped in January. Of course, it is still January, but they have my money and I, at the very least, feel that I am due a response to my communication.

Jim Tittle January 15th, 2011 01:42 PM

I ordered an adapter on December 20 and received an email from Mike Tapa saying that it would be shipped "around mid January". At this point, I'm not too concerned, because I don't know when I'll get the camera.

Thierry Humeau January 15th, 2011 03:23 PM

I would not worry. MTF has a very good customer service and delivery track record and I am sure they are very, very busy making adaptors for the Sony F3 and Panasonic AF100.

Ron Wilk January 15th, 2011 05:52 PM

Hi,
I just received an explanatory e-mail from Mike Tapa.

Thank you all for your responses.

Andy Shipsides January 15th, 2011 08:27 PM

We also have it for sale here -

MTF Nikon to Sony F3 Adaptor :: HDV, HD Lens Adapters :: Lens Adapters :: Lenses & Lens Accessories :: Equipment Sales :: Abel Cine Tech

Andy

Andrew Stone January 16th, 2011 10:35 AM

Hi Andy,

A question about the 1.5x magnification introduced by the adapter. Is this an actual magnification or a reduction in the field of view which is on the F3, as I understand, about .7 (or about 1.4 when you do the math the other way around) from a full frame DSLR sensor?

Alister Chapman January 16th, 2011 11:31 AM

It's about a 1.4x reduction in the FoV compared to full frame 35mm stills camera. The focal length is not changed, AFAIK there is no glass in the adapter.

Andy Shipsides January 16th, 2011 11:41 AM

Yes it is a reduction in FOV only, a bit confusing for sure because that is only when compared to using the lens on a full frame sensor camera. A 50mm Ultra Prime on this camera would have the same FOV as a 50mm Nikon Prime. A lens is a lens is a lens. You can compare the F3 to various sensor types here - AbelCineTech - Field of View Calculator - I just changed the picture and added the F3 the other day.

Andy

Jim Tittle January 18th, 2011 08:57 PM

I emailed MTF to see if I'd have my Nikon adapter by the 27th, when I'll be testing an F3. Mike Tapa responded, "The Nikon adaptor is being made right now and we should start shipping in the next week to 10 days. Sorry for the delay."

James Houk February 8th, 2011 11:41 AM

Mike Tapa informed me that my Nikon to F3 adapter shipped today - February 8th.

He expects I'll receive it in the next few days.

Not sure if this means all preorders have shipped - or in order even - but my preorder was placed on December 22nd if that helps.

Jim Tittle February 9th, 2011 05:59 PM

Mine was shipped on the 8th, too. Ordered it on 12/21/10.

Peter Corbett February 9th, 2011 06:24 PM

Ditto. Mine shipped to Australia on the 8th. Royal Mail - hope it's quiker than I've heard.

Ola Christoffersson February 10th, 2011 01:51 AM

Mine was shipped on the 7:th to Sweden. Tracking says "in transit".

Ola Christoffersson February 10th, 2011 01:54 AM

Slightly OT but I can imagine that the readers of this thread might be interested.
I just had my Nikons "declicked" by an authorized Nikon service center. I payed 180 euros to have the clicks removed from the aperture of six AI and AI-S lenses. He also gave them a look over and cleaned them. The aperture is really nice and smooth. Almost PL-feel!!

Daniel Doherty February 10th, 2011 02:00 PM

I tried to order the adapter but I couldn't find it on MTF website. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

thanks,
Daniel