PL or stills glass - my 10 cents - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old March 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: PL or stills glass - my 10 cents

I'm liking the look of the Zeiss ZF's too. Need to sell my old Canon 16x B4 lens and a couple of mini cams first!
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ashley View Post
Where did you order the Canon EF mount from for the sony? I talked with mtf and they said they only have the FD Canon mount. Let me know cuz I want one!
Winston,

I heard from Mike Tapa about 10 days a go and he said they hope to have a F3 to Canon EF adaptor in 4 to 6 weeks.

cheers

Morton
Morton Molyneux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #33
Trustee

Has anyone compared the Red 50-150 to the Sigma? I've read they are the same and that they're different.

Also how is the Sigma at 2.8 all the way out at 150mm? I know I can trust the Nikon throughout the range.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #34
Trustee

Morton,

Will the MTF adapter be like the one for the EX3 though? There is no iris control on that so you have to use the lens wide open or keep putting it on a Canon camera to reset the f stop.

The Birger mt for AF100 is supposed to be shipping soon and then it should only be a matter of time before an F3 version is out. If those live up to expectations it will be the way to go. It would be very nice if they came up with one that talked to Nikon lenses as well.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Based on my experience with the MTF Nikon adapter that I'm using now, I'll probably buy the Birger when it becomes available. The MFT is well-constructed, but it's clumsy to use. You can set the aperture, which is a definite plus, but you don't know what the aperture is, the ring is slippery and hard to reach, and the lock knob, which is the only thing you can really grab, is fragile. Also, the Nikon mount locking tab is slippery and difficult to use.
Jim Tittle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta