Ready-To-Shoot Red Epic vs F3 Cost - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old March 7th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #16
Wrangler

Re: Ready-To-Shoot Red Epic vs F3 Cost

Thanks Steve. I'm using the 1DMKIV's for the pilot with a 7D as 3rd camera as needed. I like the low-light capabilities of the 1D.

DP work is going great, thanks! You can see much of at at link below--music videos (most of which were shot on 1D) and commercials are up to date, feature/episodic is tragically behind (have about 5 or 6 new bits to slot in there) but they all require editing and tweaking and I haven't had the time.
Old March 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #17
Trustee

Re: Ready-To-Shoot Red Epic vs F3 Cost

Steve, don't get me wrong, I want the Reds to be available ASAP.

But Epic M is currently only available to those who have been vetted by Red as being right for the camera. Epic X and S and Scarlet 2/3rd's will at first only be available to previous Red customers. So your timetable may be considerably off for a new buyer.

Of course everything is subject to change, so maybe it will change in the other direction.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta