Comparing F3 vs AF-101 vs 5D Mark II at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old March 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Comparing F3 vs AF-101 vs 5D Mark II

I just found this test (see link below). I didn't do the test, I don't have any additional info on the actual test and I'm not sure if it's been posted here before? Quite interesting anyway.

Best,
-terje

Old March 9th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Comparing F3 vs AF-101 vs 5D Mark II

Not a big fan of technical "bake off" videos but this one provided some useful results.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Comparing F3 vs AF-101 vs 5D Mark II

They perform right in line with their price points.... no big mystery, nor surprising.

you get what you pay for. I think alot of people find the DSLR's amazing in lowlight because fast primes are very inexpensive in the still world. Truth be told the DSLR's dont perform well at high ISO's. It's just that with a Canon 85mm L series F1.2, you can be shooting in in no lighting situations @ ISO 500 ish. To do the same with a 35mm PL lenses you need to spend $400-$500 to rent a set of Super speeds for the day. The canons make fast glass accessible and convenient.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta