earthquake and F3's? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old March 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #16
Sponsor: Omega Broadcast

Re: earthquake and F3's?

As an F3 dealer trying to figure out how best to serve my customer base during a possible few months of highly-constrained supply of cameras, I'd be curious to know if anyone is planning to rent an F3 for productions until they are available for purchase.

We're one of several dealers with a rental department, and I need to decide if it is better to hold on to a few units in rental department in order to help a larger number of customers through the wait instead of satisfying a much smaller number that I could gratify with a sale.

Any feedback?

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group - Professional Video Sales, Rental & Services
Allan Barnwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #17
Sponsor: EC Pro Video Inc.

Re: earthquake and F3's?

Allan,

Same here at E.C. Professional Video, Inc. I wanted to make sure that all customers and potential buyers get their camcorders first before we open one for our rental department.

We have our F3 and NEXFS100 Super 35 event on the 31st of March and then NAB. That makes our decision even more difficult to stock or put up for rent! Our customers and the rental companies in NY are telling me that F3 rentals are really doing well.
We do have an PMW-F3K in-stock currently.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta