DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Sony PMW-F3 Two-Day Workshop (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/495266-sony-pmw-f3-two-day-workshop.html)

Andy Shipsides April 30th, 2011 09:40 AM

Sony PMW-F3 Two-Day Workshop

Hey guys

We put together a two day F3 workshop this May in NYC and LA. The first day of the class gives an introduction and the second covers more advanced topics - Picture Profiles, S-Log, etc. It is split up this way so that attendees can take either day or both. I'm working on getting some special guests in as well for both days. You can learn more here - Sony PMW-F3 Two-Day Workshop or read more below.

Here is more info on the course:

Sony’s PMW-F3 camera is pushing the envelope of HD production with its newly designed Super-35mm size sensor and high quality output. This two-day workshop covers the many functions of the PMW-F3 including detailed instruction on camera operation, lens choice, production techniques, and aftermarket accessories. Emphasis is on developing an understanding of the camera sensor, recording format, lens choice, and menu systems.

In the first day of the course, Abel trainers will give a full introduction to the F3 including: sensor specifics, recording formats, output options, menu systems, assignable functions, and basic color control. Topics covered on the first day of training will prepare attendees for topics covered on day two.

In the second day of the course, Abel trainers will be joined by a guest cinematographer to demonstrate practical shooting examples, give an in-depth look at the camera’s picture profiles, explain gamma modes including S-Log, and LUT options. This is a very hands-on day, where attendees will be able to develop and fully understand the complexities of creating a look with the F3.

F3 owners are encouraged to attend both days of this workshop, but AbelCine also offers the option to attend either day on its own. Anyone who purchases an F3 from AbelCine may attend one day of the workshop for free. Please email training@abelcine.com for a coupon code worth $250 towards the full workshop or either day.

AbelCine, NY
Day 1: Tuesday, May 24th (1-5pm)
Day 2: Wednesday, May 25th (1-5pm)
$250 Per Day
Register Here - Sony PMW-F3 Workshop

AbelCine, LA
Day 1: Thursday, May 26th
Day 2: Friday, May 27th
$250 Per Day
Register Here - Sony PMW-F3 Workshop

Andy Shipsides May 7th, 2011 07:11 PM

Re: Sony PMW-F3 Two-Day Workshop

Good news! Dan from Convergent Design will be joining us for the event in NYC and will have the Gemini 444 on hand to check out.

David C. Williams May 7th, 2011 07:21 PM

Will you have your paws on the S-Log firmware again by then? Just askin' :)

Andy Shipsides May 7th, 2011 07:53 PM

Yes we will, still waiting to get it from Sony but they say we should have it soon.

Andy

David C. Williams May 7th, 2011 07:55 PM

Cheers, that's good news.

Andy Shipsides May 16th, 2011 05:43 PM

Only 1 week left to signup.

Andy Shipsides May 22nd, 2011 10:42 AM

My S-log key arrived just in time for the class. The second day of the class will focus on picture profiles, S-Log and LUTs.

Aaron Newsome May 22nd, 2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Shipsides (Post 1651645)
My S-log key arrived just in time for the class. The second day of the class will focus on picture profiles, S-Log and LUTs.

Super jealous. My cinedeck really wants me to get the upgrade so hopefully us mere mortals will have the opportunity soon. I'm in Orange County but I don't think I'll be make it to either day of the workshop. Sure wish I could though.