DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Hard Cases- What are the options? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/495604-hard-cases-what-options.html)

Nick Hiltgen May 8th, 2011 08:26 AM

Hard Cases- What are the options?

What is everyone doing for hard cases, and shipping cases? I just had some stuff fabricated here in Atlanta and the quote was super high (compared to what I paid in L.A. a few years ago) Has anyone heard of any any prefab case solutions?

Andrew Stone May 8th, 2011 08:42 AM

Re: Hard Cases- What are the options?

The two places I know of in LA that do custom cases are:

A&S Case Company Home: ATA Case Made In America, ATA Cases Made In America, ATA Case, ATA Cases, Lift Case, Custom Case Made in America

A&J CASES - Products - Directory

and there is Backstage:

Studio Equipment
for cases and carts

Nick you probably know about these.

For standard Pelicans and Storm I prefer this outfit but they don't do custom inserts:

Nalpak is your source for Pelican Cases and Accessories, Pelican Cases, Maglite Flashlights, Knives, Leatherman Tools, Outdoor Products, CamelBak, SureFire Flashlights & Tuffpak

Here are some other custom case outfits that I have here of over time:

Custom ATA Cases, Pelican Cases, Storm Cases, and More - 91605

Production Case Company

and for Pelican-like cases there is this other entrant:

Explorer Cases - ExplorerCases: Waterproof Cases and Boxes

Charles Papert May 8th, 2011 11:13 AM

Nick, call Louis Kaye at Innerspace Cases, 818-767-3030, tell him I sent ya. They have templates for all major cameras and accessories, I imagine they have done F3's already. They do great custom work as well. They make all of my cases. They can build from scratch or custom foam Pelicans or Storms.

Nate Weaver May 8th, 2011 02:01 PM

Innerspace indeed has already done quite a few F3s, I guess they do all Abels cases.

I'm dropping off a case to be refoamed by them as soon as I can make myself drive to their part of the valley.

New case by them I'd expect to be around $500.

Charles Papert May 8th, 2011 02:10 PM

Yup, that's about their going rate for a medium size flight case, foamed out. If you start adding trays or flaps it obviously goes up a bit.

Peter Corbett May 8th, 2011 03:05 PM

Here you go.

Sony PMW F3 Camera Deluxe Shipping Case

$550

Nick Hiltgen May 9th, 2011 01:57 PM

Hey guys thanks, Innerspace actually built my case for my xlh1 5 years ago, I have nothing but great things to say about them. I'm trying a place here in Atlanta that has gotten good reviews from the folks I know here, I'll post some pics.

I opted for two cases (I got the f3 kit) one for the lenses and one for the camera. batteries, charger and sxs cards. I'm hoping it'll work out ok. It looks like it'll be a 1610 and a 1510 case with custom foam. The price isn't that bad I forgot that on my previous cases I've supplied the "case" portion and jsut had the foam custom made.

Thanks for everyones input.

Andy Shipsides May 9th, 2011 07:09 PM

Mitch from Abel designed the Innerspace case with them, we use it in rental and it seems to be working well.

I'll get it posted on our site, and I think we can lower the price a bit too.

Andy