DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   F3 Electronic Viewfinder protection (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/497696-f3-electronic-viewfinder-protection.html)

Morton Molyneux June 26th, 2011 06:46 PM

F3 Electronic Viewfinder protection

2 Attachment(s)
With all the broadcast cameras I’ve owned I had the ability to swivel the viewfinder eyepiece down to keep the sun from burning or melting the plastic inside. So I was concerned with the F3 eyepiece being uncovered when I was away from the camera or using a monitor.

The other day while walking through a drugstore I came upon a simple and inexpensive solution.
A black eyepatch. I hooked it under the handle and over the rear strap mount post where it hangs out of the way and can easily be pulled over the viewfinder eyepiece. See pics.

cheers

Morton

Jim Michael June 30th, 2011 06:09 AM

Re: F3 Electronic Viewfinder protection

Arrrr, pirate cam.

Robert Turchick June 30th, 2011 08:22 AM

Since I have four kids, I use the readily available supoly of baby socks! Since my youngest is a girl, I switched to pink!

Henry Epstein July 24th, 2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morton Molyneux (Post 1661956)
With all the broadcast cameras I’ve owned I had the ability to swivel the viewfinder eyepiece down to keep the sun from burning or melting the plastic inside. So I was concerned with the F3 eyepiece being uncovered when I was away from the camera or using a monitor.

The other day while walking through a drugstore I came upon a simple and inexpensive solution.
A black eyepatch. I hooked it under the handle and over the rear strap mount post where it hangs out of the way and can easily be pulled over the viewfinder eyepiece. See pics.

cheers

Morton

Hi Morton,
Looks like you have the Blue Star Round Chamois Eye Cushion...
Which one is the right size for the F3... Extra-large, large or small?
Do you have the item code?

By the way, very clever your eyepatch protection... Nice for posting!

H.

Morton Molyneux July 24th, 2011 01:12 PM

Hi Henry,

For the F3 I use the Exrta-Large Round Sony HD # 2013 Bluestar got them from Filmtools.

cheers

Morton

Ron Wilk July 24th, 2011 01:57 PM

Hi Morton,
Thank you.
I had several of the XTra large, made for Sony Bluestars on hand in sealed packages, and installed one. Then a trip to the local pharmacy for an eyepatch and was done.
Thanks again for the elegant, yet simple solution to a perplexing problem.

Henry Epstein July 24th, 2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morton Molyneux (Post 1669696)
Hi Henry,

For the F3 I use the Exrta-Large Round Sony HD # 2013 Bluestar got them from Filmtools.

cheers

Morton

Thank you so much.

Cheers!

H.

Ryan Hollings July 24th, 2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morton Molyneux (Post 1669696)
Hi Henry,

cheers

Morton

Hey Morton,

if you are ever needing more, Panavision here in Calgary has them, alot cheaper than most US sites.

Ryan

Morton Molyneux July 24th, 2011 06:49 PM

Thanks for the info Ryan.

Good to know who else has them. For my other camera's I get them from Matrix. But in this case I needed several other things from Filmtools and just added them to the order.

cheers

Morton