DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Upgraded Firmware, now my Hoodman SxS don't work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/500070-upgraded-firmware-now-my-hoodman-sxs-dont-work.html)

Aaron Newsome August 27th, 2011 06:25 PM

Upgraded Firmware, now my Hoodman SxS don't work

Has anyone found a workaround for this? I finally upgraded my F3 to the latest firmware but now my Hoodman SxS SD adapters don't work. If I'd known that the firmware would block them from working, I'd have stayed on the old firmware.

I've looked for the 1.0 version of the firmware to download and install on my camera but it's nowhere to be found.

Since I don't own any genuine SxS cards, I'm actually stuck right now with a camera that I can't use (unless I use an external recorder).

If anyone has a link to the 1.0 firmware, please post it.

Doug Jensen August 27th, 2011 08:13 PM

Re: Upgraded Firmware, now my Hoodman SxS don't work

I don't have a link to the old firmware, but all three of my Hoodman SDHC adapters still work fine after I updated my firmware. Have tried different cards in the adapters?

David C. Williams August 27th, 2011 08:44 PM

My MxM adaptors stopped mounting after the 1.10 update, and MxM replaced them with a version that worked.

I used a work around which may help you before that though. If I put the adaptor into the SxS slot without the SDHC card first, then slid the SDHC card into the adaptor while it was in the SxS slot, it mounted and recorded fine. Annoying, but functional.

Leonard Levy August 28th, 2011 12:49 PM

You're not talking about the 4:4:4: upgrade are you? If its the other one, my Hoodman adapter works fine with hoodman class 10 cards. Haven't tried any other cards. Are you sure its not your SDHC cards.

Aaron Newsome August 28th, 2011 04:38 PM

No Leornard, not the S-log update. I'm talking about the free v1.1 update. I'll try the adapter FIRST method.

Aaron Newsome August 28th, 2011 04:42 PM

I just confirmed that David's workaround does in fact work. Super annoying especially since this has to be done on EVERY power cycle.

Aaron Newsome August 28th, 2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Jensen (Post 1678128)
I don't have a link to the old firmware, but all three of my Hoodman SDHC adapters still work fine after I updated my firmware. Have tried different cards in the adapters?

Doug, I don't own any other cards. I only have the 32GB RAW Steel ones that I bought from Hoodman with the adapters.

I emailed their support. We'll see what they say.

Doug Jensen August 28th, 2011 07:25 PM

FYI, I also have one of the 32GB Raw Steel cards, and it works normally with any of my Hoodman and Sony adapters.

Michael Carmine August 29th, 2011 05:06 PM

I had the same problem with the 32 raw steel cards and adapters. Hoodman was very nice about sending new ones but I have switched to sony sxs cards because there is money on the line with clients. "If my wife cheats on me I can never trust her again." One failure with a client and they NEVER come back.

Aaron Newsome August 31st, 2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Carmine (Post 1678475)
I had the same problem with the 32 raw steel cards and adapters. Hoodman was very nice about sending new ones but I have switched to sony sxs cards because there is money on the line with clients. "If my wife cheats on me I can never trust her again." One failure with a client and they NEVER come back.

I tried to contact support but no word back yet. It's been a few days so I'll try again.

Leonard Levy August 31st, 2011 09:29 PM

I would call them. Try to talk to Lou if you can. My experience with hoodman support has been nothing less than stellar.