FW 1.3 Can't come too soon (need outputs) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old December 16th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: FW 1.3 Can't come too soon (need outputs)

Steve
Mitch just replied that it was a finished VF

Doug
I'm with you on the features that the Zacuto provides, but once again we the end user are redesigning something that should have been designed right the first time.
The industry sees the F3 at 16k/24K retail and wants to set rental rates at that level , when in fact an F3 package total is more than twice that with PL glass and all the appendages .

I still will reserve my review until I have had a chance to bang the Able VF around.
Dennis Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
Dennis, I'm not sure what point you are making here, but I have a Pearstone arm for my Zacuto EVF and I am able to keep it tight enough to hold position -- but loose enough I can grab the viewfinder and change the position quickly without loosening any knobs. Works almost like a real viewfinder for me. My main complaint is the HDMI cable tends to come loose and lose contact too easily. I guess I need to find a solution to keep the HDMI connector in place on the VF.

I also added the Berkey plate to my F3 to give me more mounting options. It has been well worth the money.
Ditto on the Berkey plate. A must. You actually need it to mount the Abel VF.
Pearstone
Multiple arms with ball joints that can be set with a little drag?
The HDMI connection is a problem as all HDMI connections are.
BTW. I recommended your F 3 DVD to the NBC mgt team.

Last edited by Dennis Dillon; December 16th, 2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: None
Dennis Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #18
Wrangler

Noga arms get destroyed with the 'little tension, manhandle around' method. That's been my experience, anyway.

What drives me nuts is that ALL these problems have been solved by the film camera folks, and the lower end of the market keeps chasing it's tail re-inventing the wheel badly. It's ridiculous.

Hurbut is about to make a EVF mount/clutch mech with Cinevate. Hopefully that will solve some problems and still keep it lightweight.

[edit: found it, apparently you can order it now: http://www.letusdirect.com/cart/mcs-...k-release.html ]

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta