XDCAM Browser stopped working at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old January 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Major Player

XDCAM Browser stopped working

Anyone having problems with XDCAM Browser v2. Not sure if it's related but Windows 7 just did an update and now XDCAM Browser won't load. Tried uninstalling and installing with no luck.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Steve Kimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: XDCAM Browser stopped working

Figured it out. If anyone else has problem, you can use link below to get version 2.6 (which wasn't listed on the Sony webpage I went to originally. Man, do you they need to fix their web design and organization!

Sony | Micro Site XDCAM EX
Steve Kimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Major Player

The Sony software situation is frustrating at best, and downright infuriating at its worst. The overlapping capabilities, similar names, no clear version histories and no updating inside the applications is inexcusable. Sony ought to hire some world class software designers and let them run that part of their business. There have to be a few whiz-kids at Adobe who could improve the navigation and features on XDCAM software... like taking destination selection, audio options out of the preferences pane and having it heads up.
The real fun is helping a client locate the right software to unwrap the BPAV folder when they are trying to edit... all this over the phone. It would be helpful if they updated the whitepapers that explain how to use various edit systems with the XDCAM family of products... ALL are outdated.

I love my F3... an amazing camera in so many ways, but most of the time I use my Nanoflash not only for the quality improvement but to steer clear of the XDCAM software.
Old January 21st, 2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kimmel View Post
Figured it out. If anyone else has problem, you can use link below to get version 2.6 (which wasn't listed on the Sony webpage I went to originally. Man, do you they need to fix their web design and organization!

Sony | Micro Site XDCAM EX
Steve, I believe that 2.6 is the older XDcamEX Clip Browser software. I had been using it very successfully, until the F3 Firmware 1.20, at which point it would not display clips which the F3 had recorded with the Picture Profile on. (s-log and no PP clips displayed fine) I did report the problem to Sony. I have not yet run the upgrade to 1.31, so don't know if this has changed everything back to working.

In the meantime I switched over to XDcam Browser 2.0 and have had no problems with it under either Win7 Home or Win7 Pro.

What upgrade triggered your problem?
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:06 AM   #5
Major Player

Not sure what the Windows update was specifically (Windows ran a bunch of updates, mostly security, but it's often impossible for me to know what Windows is really doing with all the updates.)

Would be curious if firmware 1.3 fixes the problem with XDCAM EX browser.
Steve Kimmel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta