Help, F3 match with EX1/3 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old December 7th, 2016, 09:22 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Help, F3 match with EX1/3

I always thought it would be my EX1r that would have to be pried from my cold dead hands and never in a million years thought I could ever afford an F3. But after a brief respite, I saw I could solve my sDOF and single camera frustrations with a C100Mk2 on firesale. Not wanting to mix Canon and Sony, I checked and found F3's with PL lenses were less than the C100mk2 body alone. I love the F3 and the XDCAM ergonomics. I'm now thinking it may will be the F3 that has to be pried out.

Anyway, as maybe the only one left shooting with both these cameras, I was keen to color match them but couldn't find anyone that had published matching profiles. So I'll leave a breadcrumb in this thread which came close to resolution for anyone who comes later. Here's a link to my results in the F3 forum for standard gamma. Hope to figure out cine gamma later. Big thanks to the F3 pioneers who shared their work.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...ml#post1924557
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta