DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   packaging experience :-) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/505084-packaging-experience.html)

Ron Aerts February 7th, 2012 10:53 AM

packaging experience :-)

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys, just (finally) finished the right package around the F3 for over 80% of the jobs. I had it custom made by dutycases in Netherlands. This dude uses a CNC for cutting the foam! Looks great and gives the right packaging support. Changes in the layout can easily be made by just cutting a new foam inlay.
And it fits in a Nissan Pixo...
The Pelicase 1690 has got small wheels and is dust- and watertight. I can leave the lens, focuscontroller, battery and even the handgrip on the cam for quick moves. I use all Vocas stuff around the cam. In the small Pelicases I have the small stuff like memorycards, or the wireless audiostuff.
It happened to often that I almost accidently left something behind. Now, in 1 glance I can see if something is missing.
Usually working as a loner, I keep it on a special dual platform trolley (large casters for rough terrain) with slots for my tripod, light stands and LED panels. So I have a small transportable package and good overview, so easier to guard. When people kindly help you carry your tripod, in the excitement of filming they keep forgetting it. I always place it back in the trolly. They better can help me pushing the trolly.

Nate Weaver February 7th, 2012 11:46 AM

Re: packaging experience :-)

There's a whole lot going on in the packing of that case, so I can't speak to how practical it all is, but dang if it doesn't appear to be the slickest Pelican case I've ever seen.

Congrats, I hope it all turns out to be as useful as it looks!

Ron Aerts February 7th, 2012 01:00 PM

Re: packing experience

Thanks! so far so good . Did a job with it yesterday. Small upgrade: 2 two tiny holes for markers red and black. To much work to get them out of the small cases or searching for them elsewhere. Now they're in direct access

Steve Kalle February 8th, 2012 01:24 PM

Just be sure to ALWAYS leave the case open when not using it because the dust/weather seal will keep all moisture inside and cause damage to your pricey gear over an extended period of time.

Duke Marsh February 9th, 2012 06:45 AM

Shouldn't that be; be sure to throw in a desiccant pack if you're in a high humidity area.

Ron Aerts February 9th, 2012 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kalle (Post 1713981)
Just be sure to ALWAYS leave the case open when not using it because the dust/weather seal will keep all moisture inside and cause damage to your pricey gear over an extended period of time.

absolutely true. Be aware of this, I have my Ex3 also in a peli. luckily I use the cam very frequently so they never stay too long in.
The F3 is a great piece of machinery though. More often I decide not to use the EX3. When it's remotely possible I take out the F3. Even on my own expence if the client is not misusing it. This cam makes you a freak :-)
As you see in the case I bring a cheap Nikkon zoom lens and adapter for the emergic cases. I'm a fool preferring the struggle above getting out the EX3, but jeez what a great pictures you get!