Shoulder Mount like this? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Shoulder Mount like this?

The Build Quality is quite good. Something youd expect from Companys like Genus for example. You can Slide the Rods into the Baseplate if you need, on my Rig i used shorter ones, because id like to get rid of all useless extra weight. You can slide the Shoulder Pad back and forth by the way. The Lens height is between my mouth and nose on the shoulder. I got a screw and a locking bolt in the base of the camera, how come you ask?
Matthias Sachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Sachal View Post
Everybody Stop right there. I found the solution: The Tilta Baseplate BS-T03 It cost me about 400 bucks and its the perfect solution. I switch to shoulder, to steadycam, to crane in no time, and the weight is always in the center, where its supposed to be. All thats missing now is a Z-Finder EVF with D-Tap.
Looks like a good solid setup at a good price, what handles are you using on your rig? I'm trying to locate a U.S. dealer does anyone have any hints?
Steve Cocklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #18
Regular Crew

The handles are the ones from Cinecity India. Theyre alright. If youre looking for good ones, i can recommend also the ones from Shape, they have a cool quick lock function.
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
I got a screw and a locking bolt in the base of the camera, how come you ask?
I think he's asking because the picture shows a small (in front) and a large (I always forget the exact size names) mounting screws, and the F3 only has two small ones on it's base. That would mean that you would have to replace the larger one with the same size as the forward smaller one. Is this what you did, or did you replace the larger one, or only use one of the screws?
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I use another baseplate, that fits the quickrelease plate from tilta.
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #21
Trustee

Quite happy with th Tilta baseplate that arrived today. Solidly built and actually proper for a larger camera like my AF100. I would also liken it to the quality of Genus products, though maybe a little more heavy duty - there doesn't seem to be any wobble, flex or play when it's all tightened down properly. If you're looking (and they are HARD to find!) I got mine from a Canadian reseller in about 5 days, link below, $325 shipped...

Matthias, what are you using for an alternate camera plate? I thought the manfrotto 501 would fit, but it's just a bit too narrow. Not hat it matters as the included plate is sturdy, but it would be nice to be able to have everything integrate.

TILTA BS-T03 BASE PLATE FOR DSLR RIG - $294.00 : ProPhotographyGear.COM!
Old June 17th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Everybody Stop right there. I found the solution: The Tilta Baseplate BS-T03 It cost me about 400 bucks and its the perfect solution. I switch to shoulder, to steadycam, to crane in no time, and the weight is always in the center, where its supposed to be. All thats missing now is a Z-Finder EVF with D-Tap.
Hi Matthias, what battery mount/power-adapter unit are you using? (it looks a neat fit with the Tilta baseplate)
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:46 AM   #23
Regular Crew

I use Bebob Coco 15v.
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #24
Major Player

I have been drooling over a Tilta base plate for the last few months since I first saw one as part of a rig. The hardest part of it was actually purchasing a rig in the USA. Well good things come to those who wait...

You can now order parts direct from:
Welcome To Team Tilta - Log In

You'll need an invite / referral to create an account before you can log in, browse & place an order. Message me with an e-mail if you need an invite or you can get one from anyone else who already has an account set up Team Tilta.
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #25
New Boot

Hey did anyone bought this shoulder mount on Tilta.com website? It seems like they live in NYC.. I just made a purchase and havent heard from them after.. weird..
Johnny Tsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #26
Inner Circle

I just got a Tilta shoulder mount. It's OK, probably the best there is at this price point but not without a few small issues. Most notably you will need a riser for the front rods if you need to get the correct 80mm lens centre to rod spacing. The metal is quite soft and the quick releas plate too small in my opinion. Tilta BS-T03 Shoulder Mount with the PMW-F3 and NEX FS700. |

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta