DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Where to buy service manual? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/507998-where-buy-service-manual.html)

Koravik Rakpetchmanee May 23rd, 2012 08:02 PM

Where to buy service manual?

I tried to buy service manual of F3 from the service shop in Australia but they said they cannot supply service manuals as they are restricted.

So can i find it some where else? Is the manual also restricted in UK or USA?

Thank you

George Griswold May 28th, 2012 10:46 AM

Re: Where to buy service manual?

To be honest the F3 service manual is pretty useless. The first Sony broadcast manual that I have gotten that does not include schematics... just instructions on how to swap out circuit boards. Save your money.

Chris Soucy May 29th, 2012 12:34 AM

With respect.............

Very few, if any, sub systems nowadays are fixed at component level, it simply isn't economically or engineering wise viable.

Everything is "swap out the defective board/ unit, toss it and move on".

Service manuals now are all just about how to swap out assemblies and replace them, there are no schematics, so that they can't be stolen, and they're useless anyway in a "sub assembly replace" environment.

If you know a source for the required manual, either tell Koravik where to get it, or mail him your copy.

Can't see the harm in that.

CS

Koravik Rakpetchmanee June 3rd, 2012 07:59 AM

Thank you guys.

if anyone want to share the manual, i appreciate.

Chris Medico June 3rd, 2012 08:00 AM

The manuals are only available to authorized service centers in the USA.

George Griswold June 3rd, 2012 11:51 AM

Service manuals are useful not for just repairs, but for performing modifications so schematics are really useful to me.

Koravik Rakpetchmanee June 8th, 2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Medico (Post 1736429)
The manuals are only available to authorized service centers in the USA.

Hi Chris, can you suggest some service centres that I can order it?
I found some but they don't have it.
Thanks

Chris Medico June 8th, 2012 10:57 PM

They aren't allowed to sell them. Only buy them for their own needs. At least that was the policy when I managed one.

Dennis Hingsberg June 9th, 2012 12:23 PM

...I wanted to ask the same thing, what do you plan to do with the service manual? I'd like to hear about any potential hacking you are thinking about! ~grin

Peter G. Johnson June 9th, 2012 03:14 PM

You know, there is one hidden setting in the camera of interest and that is the 'service menu', which among other things allows a more comprehensive manipulation of black balancing and removal of hot pixels. I tried to find the combination of buttons on forums (like menu+cancel+stand on your head etc), but apparently it's a taboo subject. The codes for accessing the EX1 and EX3 service menu don't work on the F3, by the way.

Other than that, I wouldn't worry about the finer parts of the camera. I'm sure it's generally been set at the factory for optimum performance and any tweaks you try to get out of it won't make a difference. Unfortunately though the new v1.4 firmware won't either, unless you own a SR-R1 recorder or don't as yet have the s-log function. Oh, but I digress.