Why not make a Handstrap for Cameras like F3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Why not make a Handstrap for Cameras like F3

I got this idea, because I became tired of mounting and dismounting my grip handles for use on sticks or steadicam. Why doesnt any manufacturer make a handstrap for use on 15mm rods with a kind of rosette arm like there is for the FS700? It doesnt even have to have any buttons etc. Is there anybody else that would also take advantage of this option?

This thread is also intended for manufacturers that might take notice.

http://content.reviewed.com/products..._Handling2.jpg
Matthias Sachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Why not make a Handstrap for Cameras like F3

I use a Tilta rig, which allows the camera to clip to a v-mount tripod plate centered over the shoulder-pad, no need to remove the handles. It's the only third-party option that I have found that addresses the problem of needing to go back and forth between handheld and tripod.

TILTA Quick-Release Baseplate BS-T03 Shoulder Pad – Intellytech

Here is another option, new on the scene: Lanparte VMS-01. Quick-Release V-Mount Baseplate W/ Shoulder Pad – Intellytech
Finn Yarbrough is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta