clip numbers in viewfinder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old January 31st, 2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Major Player

clip numbers in viewfinder

OK...I'm going to feel real silly when I find the answer, but here goes:

I inadvertently did an all-reset a month or two ago (extreme cold, stiff wheel, stiff fingers trying to roll to cancel instead of execute). After the reset, the clip numbers began displaying in the viewfinder...and I can't find the menu item to stop the display.

Three of us sat around yesterday during production breaks poring over the operations manual. We found how to "change" the numbers in the clip real...but no menu item that allows you to remove the display in the viewfinder.

Anyone want to share the ludicrously easy (but so far undiscovered) way to do so?
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:32 AM   #2
Vortex Media

Re: clip numbers in viewfinder

I'm sorry to hear you want to turn it off! :-)

I lobbied Sony long and hard to get that feature added to the camera, and to me it is one of the best features of XDCAM. Anyway, I don't have an F3 anymore but if memory serves me right, go into the "others menu" > "Plan.Metadata" > "Clip Name Disp" and choose OFF.

MASTERING THE SONY PMW-F3 CAMCORDER

Doug
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:54 PM   #3
Major Player

Ha. Well, like most of the information that can be displayed in the VF, the stuff you need, you really need when you need it. When you don't, it's nice to lose it.

The location of the clip info in the inner ring of displays makes it annoying at times. That's all.

Thanks for the hint!
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #4
Major Player

And, as usual, Doug is The Man. From memory, he gives the right answer.

Thanks, Doug!
Bill Ward is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta