FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old December 21st, 2014, 02:16 PM   #1
Sponsor: Westside AV

FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V

The first batch will be back from the Anodizer on Tuesday, so we are shipping out the first orders.

The basic kit is $390.00, this is the 15mm Rail holder and QR plate mount and the shoulder pad. You can add rear cheese plate and soon we will have the rear hook for long VCT-14 plates with a set of 15mm rail clamp included. We can also add the VCT-14 (TA-100) front wedge. We also have the optional wing for wireless mics and lots of different size rails. We have the A/B and IDX plates in stock with cables to power the FS7, and I will soon have 15mm rail version of my cheese plate and wing.

The unique part of this kit is that it attaches to the FS7 not just with the ¼" and ⅜" screws but also with 3 3mm screws under the shoulder pad, this really beefs up the camera, I am a bit worried about the plate that only has 4 small screws holding the threaded holes to the FS7, the EX3 and EX1 had similar setup and many shooters ripped the bottom plate out, I made a similar base plate that used screws like in the FS7 and this fixed the problem making the cameras much more rigid.

The 15mm rails are adjustable 2" in length up front, this is handy for different size lenses.

I will soon have 15mm lens support and rosette handle mounts available, I feel this is the best way to go for this camera. I like having the camera ND and buttons easily available when shouldering and counter weighing the camera with batteries or my bag that can be seen in the photos below that can hold extra batteries or even a rock for weight.

The shoulder pad is 1" thick combination of soft memory foam and high density long wear weather resistant foam on the bottom for comfort. I will also offer just a soft shoulder pad that replaces the Sony super thin one, if you don't need rails up front. This small version should be shipping by New Years.

Anyway here are some photos.
You can order the kit here:
http://www.westsideavstore.com/index...=product&id=97, or you can contact me directly.
Attached Thumbnails
FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V-fs7wmatteb.jpg   FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V-fs7shoulderkit3.jpg  

FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V-fs7shoulderkit6.jpg   FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V-fs7shoulderkit9.jpg  

FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V-fs7shoulderkit10.jpg   FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V-fs7shoulderkit13.jpg  

FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V-fs7shoulderkit14.jpg   FS7 Shoulder/15mm Kit Now Shipping from Westside A V-fs7shoulderkit18.jpg  

Last edited by Olof Ekbergh; December 21st, 2014 at 02:55 PM.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5