DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/)
-   -   Westside A V 15mm cheese plate with many battery options added to kit. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/526552-westside-v-15mm-cheese-plate-many-battery-options-added-kit.html)

Olof Ekbergh January 22nd, 2015 12:57 PM

Westside A V 15mm cheese plate with many battery options added to kit.

7 Attachment(s)
We keep adding to our FS7 kit, today we got our rear cheese plates back from the anodizer.

We can put AB or IDX battery plates or pretty much any battery plate like BPU and run cables to the FS7 and/or Odyssey or whatever you need.

It can be used in many different positions and works on any 15mm rail system, including our VCT14 Tailhook/15mm clamp combo. When shouldering it is very nice to be able to slide the batteries back and forth to compensate the weight of the lens. You can also use our bag instead of battery plate for ballast.

The price of the 2 part cheese plate is $100.00, battery plates and cables are extra. We include different options like thumbscrews for quick changes and allen screws for more permanent mounting, and velcro dots and O-rings for use to mount wireless mics. You can also add cold shoes.

Sharyn is just adding this to the store so we are shipping these today, some pre orders are already packed for todays FedEx.

Here are some photos. Contact me if you have any questions.

They are part of our whole FS7 kit that can be seen and ordered here:
FS7 Shoulder Brace and Options: Westside A V Studios WEB Store

Rusty Rogers February 28th, 2015 09:29 PM

Re: Westside A V 15mm cheese plate with many battery options added to kit.

Olof, I bought your Nanoflash bracket for my EX1 back in '08, and although I never put a Nanoflash on it, it is still in use to this day faithfully holding one or two wireless receivers. What a brilliant bit of metal-bending wizardry.

So my question to you, "will you come up with something similar for the FS7 to hold wireless without rails?"

Nice work my friend!

Olof Ekbergh March 1st, 2015 06:47 AM

Re: Westside A V 15mm cheese plate with many battery options added to kit.

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Rogers (Post 1878292)
Olof, I bought your Nanoflash bracket for my EX1 back in '08, and although I never put a Nanoflash on it, it is still in use to this day faithfully holding one or two wireless receivers. What a brilliant bit of metal-bending wizardry.

So my question to you, "will you come up with something similar for the FS7 to hold wireless without rails?"

Nice work my friend!

Thanks for the kind words, glad it is still working for you. I still use my EX3 version of that kit as well.

I do offer the same wing and you can add the NF bracket as well, though I don't list the NF bracket on the FS7 page.

Here is a link to my FS7 kit:
Sony FS7 shoulder brace

The back cheese plate (with the bag in the photo) can also be turned 90 degrees right or left, to be more compact, when turned right, it is pretty much exactly like the EX1 wing. I extended the back cheese plate and wing back to make room for the FS7 handle in the back position and to make ballast for shouldering. But it can be configured compact as well. My kit is narrow and very light, the handle can pivot without knocking into my kit, so you don't need extra rosettes, but if you do add them to the 15mm rods.

I do recommend using a Metabones/Long lens support on the FS7, that is why I made my kit with rail clamps up front.

And here are some photos of the kit with the "wing" you mentioned, it is great for wireless mic receivers etc. And it comes off in seconds. The bag is handy as well to keep batteries or mic receivers.