DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/)
-   -   I need FS7 several seconds long masters straight from the camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/528949-i-need-fs7-several-seconds-long-masters-straight-camera.html)

Piotr Wozniacki June 30th, 2015 05:03 AM

I need FS7 several seconds long masters straight from the camera

I'm still trying to sell my heavy, cumbersome and over-complicated HD equipment which I can't handle any more due to my spinal cord condition. Already managed to sell the FS100 camera with all the belongings for quite a good price, so if I'm lucky enough and find a similar buyer interested with my stuff around the EX1 camera, I'll be able to say that I didn't loose to much and cameras earned for themselves during my ownership period...

In the meantime, I'm debating which camera to choose as my hobby tool; it must be compact and not too heavy (too light isn't good, either), and of course be future-proof as probably the last camera in my lifetime. As such, I simply couldn't pass on the FS7 and even though it's quite expensive to my current standards, it might be a good candidate. Therefore I'd be very grateful to my fellow forum members to provide me with some FS7 masters - short clips straight from the camera, without any edits, grades or even recompression... I realize the clips are heavy files, so several seconds ones will suffice.

Could someone provide me with link(s) to such clips? Thank you very much in advance

Piotr

PS. Since I don't have any specific LUT required, the clips should be in some color space & gamma ready for watching: Also, I'm mainly interested in UHD resolution!

Geoff Addis July 26th, 2015 04:13 AM

Re: I need FS7 several seconds long masters straight from the camera

Piotr, Have you handled the FS7 yet? The reason I ask is that you mention that you have back problems and from my own experience using both the EX1r and FS 7 I know that the FS7 is noticeably heavier, particularly with the kit lens.

Brian Rhodes July 26th, 2015 12:03 PM

Check your email Piotr I sent you 2 links with FS7 files.

QUOTE=Piotr Wozniacki;1891102]I'm still trying to sell my heavy, cumbersome and over-complicated HD equipment which I can't handle any more due to my spinal cord condition. Already managed to sell the FS100 camera with all the belongings for quite a good price, so if I'm lucky enough and find a similar buyer interested with my stuff around the EX1 camera, I'll be able to say that I didn't loose to much and cameras earned for themselves during my ownership period...

In the meantime, I'm debating which camera to choose as my hobby tool; it must be compact and not too heavy (too light isn't good, either), and of course be future-proof as probably the last camera in my lifetime. As such, I simply couldn't pass on the FS7 and even though it's quite expensive to my current standards, it might be a good candidate. Therefore I'd be very grateful to my fellow forum members to provide me with some FS7 masters - short clips straight from the camera, without any edits, grades or even recompression... I realize the clips are heavy files, so several seconds ones will suffice.

Could someone provide me with link(s) to such clips? Thank you very much in advance

Piotr

PS. Since I don't have any specific LUT required, the clips should be in some color space & gamma ready for watching: Also, I'm mainly interested in UHD resolution![/QUOTE]

Piotr Wozniacki July 29th, 2015 02:24 AM

Thanks Geoff; good point.

Thanks Brian for the samples; applying LUT requires project properties to be set to 32 bit, which by itself makes editing those files impossible in Vegas on my current machine; proxies is the only way.

Piotr

Gary Huff July 29th, 2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Addis (Post 1893545)
Piotr, Have you handled the FS7 yet? The reason I ask is that you mention that you have back problems and from my own experience using both the EX1r and FS 7 I know that the FS7 is noticeably heavier, particularly with the kit lens.

Ditto. I have played around with the FS7 and it is significantly heavy.

Piotr Wozniacki July 30th, 2015 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Huff (Post 1893828)
Ditto. I have played around with the FS7 and it is significantly heavy.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your comments helping me pick the right camera given my partial disability problem. However let me explain that even a significantly heavier camera - once supported and balanced properly on my shoulder - is very much less of a problem than even the smallest and lightest camera if I need to hold it in one hand (handycam style); my right arm is partially paralyzed in such a peculiar way that - specifically under small weight, like a glass of water - it will tremble and shake (thus spilling the water around), or in the case of shooting video - it will make it very shaky picture, and tire in no time. The same right arm of mine can still lift considerable weights with no problem (but of course such a higher weight will cause pain and fatigue in my entire spine - the neck and arms in particular).

Considering the above, the FS7 form factor is by far more acceptable to me than that of say the X70/AX100 - provided of course that I can afford the former in the first place :)

Piotr

Gary Huff July 30th, 2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki (Post 1893884)
once supported and balanced properly on my shoulder - is very much less of a problem than even the smallest and lightest camera if I need to hold it in one hand

Given that, you will absolutely need the power back and V-mount batteries, plus the VCT-FS7 shoulder pad. That's what it took to get it properly balanced for me, otherwise it's very front heavy.

Mark Watson August 28th, 2015 02:57 AM

Piotr,

As others have stated, the FS7 is heavy. I've added the extension unit and a v-lock battery to give better balance. The result is a rather steady camera, but this adds quite a bit more weight as well. The hand grip is nice but will still require some effort to keep the camera steady. If you're unable to keep your right hand/arm steady, you won't have good shots. Even if you can manage it once it's on your shoulder, you have to first get it onto your shoulder, which is not so easy, even for myself. The camera is bulky and takes some strength to manipulate it. I find myself trying to work out the best way to keep hold of it while moving it to/from my shoulder. I'd say the best work around for you and this camera would be to use small, lighter weight lenses and a follow focus rather than use the Sony servo lens. This way you have less weight out front to have to counterbalance. Get a light weight shoulder pad (contoured to fit your shoulder) and try to balance it without going the v-lock battery route.

Mark

Piotr Wozniacki August 28th, 2015 10:37 AM

Thanks to all of you for suggestions and sound advice; I'll certainly keep them in mind!

Piotr

Jeroen Wolf September 21st, 2015 01:14 PM

What about baby brother FS5 with a little rig for shoulder mount purposes, Piotr?

Piotr Wozniacki September 22nd, 2015 04:16 AM

Considering it seriously; thanks!

Piotr