EA50 evolved.....it's now an FS5.....Sony listened!!! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 08:28 PM   #31
Trustee

re: EA50 evolved.....it's now an FS5.....Sony listened!!!

Dmitri,

Stop it....I know that....your changing the want vs. need equation :-0 :-0 :-) :-) :-)

I am writing about that now as your post came in!!!

Did you see Sony's promo video shot with the FS5 in Australia? The footage is beautiful and they showed off all of that exposure latitude, it is flipping amazing, who would not want that!!!

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old September 22nd, 2015, 08:40 PM   #32
Trustee

re: EA50 evolved.....it's now an FS5.....Sony listened!!!

David,

Yep, I get it, it is a game we all play, "whats next?". The answer is "we don't know". So I buy what I know will meet my needs and don't look back! The new releases are coming at us faster than ever. Especially now because of the impending change to 4K. The real question is what do you want? vs. what do you need? Are you a gear head that must have the latest and greatest? Or are you more interested in a positive ROI? Those are rhetorical questions that I have to ask myself. The FS5 looks like a perfect camera for me, but I don't NEED 4K yet, so no reason to invest.

Here is what I need: I learned video shooting in the old Betacam days when a 25 LB. camera on your shoulder was common. Because of that I am partial to shoulder or semi shoulder mount cameras. I am not a DSLR guy at all. The EA50 is not heavy to me at all, I love the form factor. BUT....the airlines are forcing me to change my prehistoric ways. The baggage and shipping fees are now outrageous and my clients are questioning my overall travel costs, as they should. I can see me fitting two FS5s in a carry on. Last week I shot a gig in Colorado, a state close to me. The client got a smoking deal on my ticket for $212.00 but then it cost me $310.00 to check my bags and pre-ship gear. They just don't want to pay that anymore! I am looking at my entire kit and going to figure out how best to start going light and fast. That is not just gear changes to light weight stuff. It will be an operational change in how I am used to working. There is much to consider!

Kind Regards,

Steve

Dmitri, I WANT a FS5!!! It is lighter than an EA50....right :-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5