Rokinon Primes + Tiffen filters on FS7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old November 12th, 2015, 11:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Rokinon Primes + Tiffen filters on FS7

I am (hopefully) starting photography on a small indie feature soon.

I will be shooting on a Sony FS7 with Rokinon Cine DS primes and I decided to put on Tiffen Satin filters to soften the very crisp look.

Sadly they don't have a 1/2 strength in the screw-on kind. Here are the results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvn0...ature=youtu.be

All of these were shot UHD with a F4 at 6 feet. I shot CINE EI mode with baked in 709TypeA LUT.

I am leaning towards Satin 2 on the 12 and 25mm. Satin 1 on the 35 and 50. I am torn between no filter or Satin 1 on the 85. I wish they had that 1/2 strength in the screw-in style filter (I may have to spring for a matte box).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5