FS5 Cine4 PP development at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old January 23rd, 2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Sponsor: Westside AV

FS5 Cine4 PP development

I have been working actually doing some jobs with the FS5 and FS7, so I have not had time to really fine tune my PPs for the FS5.

But this is the Cine4 gamma profile I have come up with. This is one I feel I can just hand off to anyone, yes it can be made to look better but it is OK as is for someone who does not grade IMHO. This is similar to profiles I have in my FS7 and A7s and the EX3, yes I still use my EX3 a lot, I like the ½" sensor for quick work, but it blows highlights fast and is noisier in high gain shots IMHO.

This is all shot at ISO 3200 (+10 or 12DB I think) I like using ISO, so shoot me, just kidding.

It is the kit lens. and the really zoomed in part is 200% digital zoom. It was shot in my studio by a north facing window, no bounce or any help with lighting. I have several north facing windows I often use in my studio for natural light talking heads etc. I really like that light with just a bit of bounce and I can vary the BG s needed from black to white or just the bookshelves etc in the studio. This is in a corner where I have an edit suite set up.

So this is a low light R&G situation you may find yourself in, having to get a quick shot. My model is Lisa, I just put her makeup on earlier today. She gets a lot of use as a model for lighting, and makeup practice. I always include y Macbeth chart or the new small chat that works with FCPX ColorFinale to check colors. I set white point to the gray card it was 8300K the sun was obscured by clouds and 30 minutes from setting so the light from the North is quite blue.

Personally I am very happy with the way this looks, yes when I stop down and it gets quite under exposed it is noisy but this is at ISO 3200 so...

Here is my settings for this PP:

Cine4
Black Gamma: LOW, -1
Color Mode: Pro
Sat: +3
Color Depth: R+1, G-1, M+1
Detail: -7, no other changes

White Bal to gray card. 1080 30P, 1/60, Stabilizing on (just for torture reasons) Lens comp: Auto 18-105 Kit lens shot from f4 to f16, all the way wide to all the way in including clear zoom.

Old January 27th, 2016, 12:18 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: FS5 Cine4 PP development

Thanks Olof,i test PP4 from Sony..in low light it's very good

you have an external profile that does not require color grading

Last edited by Docea Marius; January 27th, 2016 at 12:17 PM.
Docea Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2016, 03:17 PM   #3
Trustee

How did you set the knee, Olof?
Old June 4th, 2016, 04:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Olof,

Thank you for taking the time to post this video and your settings. Would it be to much to ask if you could also post your settings for the FS7 & A7S.

Much appreciated.

Andrew
Andrew Gough is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5