FS5 - New firmware fix in February! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old January 27th, 2016, 06:05 AM   #1
Trustee

FS5 - New firmware fix in February!

Phillip Johnston is reporting this Sony firmware update on his site:

HD Warrior » Blog Archiv » Sony have admitted problems with the FS5

This is fantastic news. Thank you Sony!

I do have to chuckle though, Sony was able to spot this problem in their labs while some ardent Sony defenders tried their best to state this basic concept:

"Nope, it's the camera operators fault, quit complaining, everything is normal with the FS5"

Thank you Sony again. You were honest with your customers and really moved fast on this one.

Bravo!

CT
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2016, 12:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: FS5 - New firmware fix in February!

thats great news.

I think the confusion was due to the fact many of the posts about fs5 issues were operator error mixed in with the real problems. I know I tried to help people with problems that were 100% operator and got scolded it was a Sony issue and could not be fixed.
Ray Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5