FS7 in Pelican 1650 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old March 1st, 2016, 06:28 AM   #1
Major Player

FS7 in Pelican 1650

Just got my new case from Jason Cases with the custom cut foam for the FS7. Thought I'd share a few pics. As configured in the photo with the Nexto storage device, the case weighs 50 lbs. I don't plan to carry the Odyssey recorder in it, but it will fit, with a battery back mount, battery and cables. The case lid would not close until I rotated the mic holder 180 degrees. That's because it's designed for the stock shoulder pad and I've got the Vocas pad on it, which raises it some. The egg crate foam in the lid makes contact with the camera before it closes, but it's okay, plenty of extra cushioning to hold the camera snug. The reason for this case is to give me an orderly way to transport the camera in my vehicle, to a hotel and to some locations where possible. I have a large backpack (Lowepro Pro Trekker 650 AW) to handle the camera for other situations. As shown in the case, I have the camera with the Vocas shoulder pad, Shape adjustable grip extension (detached), Shape top cheeseplate, raw extension unit (attached), v-mount battery, two internal batteries, two Metabones adapters, follow focus, EVF (attached), mic (attached), NextoDI storage device, XQD USB card reader and an XQD waterproof storage case. The case is designed to allow the stock handgrip to be attached.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
FS7 in Pelican 1650-1-lens-adapters-nexto.png   FS7 in Pelican 1650-2-lens-adapters-odyssey-recorder.png  

FS7 in Pelican 1650-3-mic-holder.png  
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2016, 11:31 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: FS7 in Pelican 1650

Impressive. I've abandoned by Pelican 1510 in favor of a PorterCase, which allows me to store the FS5 on it's side, handgrip attached, with just enough room to spare. Custom foam would be great in theory, but I'm always reconfiguring the case for the specifics of each shoot.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5