Fs5 awb at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old March 7th, 2016, 10:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Fs5 awb

a very big problem from FS5..you can not correct the white balance..I was in a room with more green..white balance made FS5 It is corrected by adding purple I could not do that..on Sony A7S ..it's simple, right click and ready I hope sony solve this problem I say that is very important ..PLEASE SONY
Docea Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Fs5 awb

If you manually whitebalance in such a case, how does it look then? Does the camera then still give false color? Also what do you mean with "right click"on the a7s?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #3
Trustee

You can do it in the PP settings. Green-magenta and blue-orange shift. Sorry it's not easier. I know what you mean about the WB correction menu on the A7s cameras, it's convenient.
Old March 7th, 2016, 12:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docea Marius View Post
a very big problem from FS5..you can not correct the white balance..I was in a room with more green..white balance made FS5 It is corrected by adding purple I could not do that..on Sony A7S ..it's simple, right click and ready I hope sony solve this problem I say that is very important ..PLEASE SONY
I may not understand the issue (sorry) but you can correct the WB on the FS5, just stick a grey card in front of the lens and hit the WB button next to the lens on the front of the camera. I am also having good luck with an ExpoDisc (white lens cap for WB DSLRs) but the cards area better for mixed light
Ray Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 01:44 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Can you manually dial in a white balance setting like some other Sony cameras via the menu?
Kevin Langdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 04:35 AM   #6
Regular Crew

i made wb wit gray card..no problem ..i have a green shift on image i must coercion this with add purple.. is possible to made this on FS5 ?
Docea Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 04:58 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Did you read Nate's suggestion to make a green-magenta and blue-orange shift in the PP settings? Does that not work?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 09:27 AM   #8
Major Player

Let's not forget that doing a white balance can sometimes be a bit of a 'dance' if you're in a room with multiple colors of light sources (such as greenish overhead fluorescents combined with window light from large windows.) Not to mention the fact that many locations will have several different colors of fluorescent bulbs in the same room. If you have too much window light on the card your fluorescent-lit subjects may be too green/yellow, and if you are balancing to just the fluorescents then people near the windows may be too purple/magenta.
Ideally you want to have all the light sources the same color, but if you can't make that happen, then you have to create a 'best overall' balance -- which may require you to do some tweaking in post. I've sometimes been stuck in similar situations where the solution has been to get the background room to look right and then do a secondary color correct on the offending skin tones in post.
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5