Card or FS5? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old May 10th, 2016, 02:33 PM   #1
Major Player

Card or FS5?

I was out doing some test shots on the FS5 this evening. When I got home to review the clips I had three file thumbnails showing a question mark. All three of these files did contain a test clip I remember shooting:

https://picasaweb.google.com/banham....60370245525666

When I selected any one of the ? files I got the following 'data error':

https://picasaweb.google.com/banham....60354990595602

Also when I played the first clip that comes after these three files (shown as 8:49PM), the very last frame had this corruption bar on it before instantly going on to display data error:

https://picasaweb.google.com/banham....60424547790690

After carrying out the 'Repair Image DB file' procedure all three of the question mark files dissappeared, with no files replacing them. The 4th file, with the corruption bar, still remains and still generates a data error.

At no point whilst I was shooting did I get any sort of error message. So if this was a real shoot I would have been none the wiser until I checked the thumbnails.

The SDXC card I was using is a 64GB Lexar Professional U3 class 10. I've had it several weeks and it's been fine so far.

So has anyone had this issue before? If not is it likely to be the card or my FS5? I'm a little bit nervous about taking it on my next job in case it misbehaves again like this.
Old May 10th, 2016, 02:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Card or FS5?

Ok, just tried to view the files on a PC. When I drilled down to the XDROOT and Clip folder I got a Windows message; 'the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'. So at this point I'm thinking it's the card.

The lesson learnt here is all my future FS5 shoots will involve simultaneous dual card recording.... and Lexar Professional cards suck!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5