DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/)
-   -   PC System advice (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/531859-pc-system-advice.html)

Docea Marius May 15th, 2016 01:36 AM

PC System advice

Please a recomandation for a new PC capable to work with 4K file from FS5..i have intel I7 2500K 16GB RAM video card Nvidia GTX 570..win 10 on SSD all..this configuration not work fluid with premiere pro.

Thanks

Andrew Smith May 15th, 2016 01:51 AM

Re: PC System advice

VideoGuys have some excellent hardware guides when it comes to specc'ing your next video edit system.

Featured Guide Articles at Videoguys.com Videoguys Blog

andrew

Mark Watson May 15th, 2016 04:14 AM

Sounds like you're looking for an off-the-shelf desktop machine.
I'd recommend looking at gaming computer systems. My 4 core CPU laptop can edit 4K good enough, but it starts to bog down once I get about 4 video tracks or too many video effects going. I couldn't find more than a 4 core CPU for a laptop, but with a desktop, the sky's the limit.

If it was me, I'd go with a 8 core CPU system, a top-rated graphics card (like the GeForce GTX 980 Ti), 32GB of RAM, a 500GB SSD for my system drive, and if money were no object, I'd get two 1TB SSDs in a RAID 0 for my project's working files, and then another RAID 0 with two 1TB 7200 RPM HDDs for my render destination. I'd want to be able to drive 3 displays. If this is over your budget, you can cut the system drive down to a 256GB SSD (assuming you don't have a large number of programs to install), and you can go with two 1TB 7200 RPM HDDs; one for your project files and one for your render destination.

Here are a couple systems that would be a big upgrade from your current system. I don't own either of these, just using them as examples of what I think you should be looking at.

8 core CPU, decent GPU.
Amazon.com: ULTIMATE 8X-CORE GAMING DESKTOP PC INTEL X99 i7 5960X 16Gb DDR4 SSD 500Gb 2TB WD BLACK HI-FI SOUND WIN10 NVIDIA GTX 980 4Gb SUPERCLOCKED: Computers & Accessories
$3,050 USD

6 core CPU, better GPU
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HE144C?psc=1
$2,500

A good tool for comparing CPU and GPU performance is here:
PassMark Software - PC Benchmark and Test Software

If you want to build your own, the advantage is that you MIGHT save some money, but more importantly, you'll know exactly what's in the box. Sometimes these ready-built machines cut costs, such as with low-end power supplies.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Docea Marius May 15th, 2016 04:50 AM

Thanks

I must buy a 8 core cpu,grafik card 4gb..32gb sistem..

Nigel Davey May 15th, 2016 05:12 AM

This thread may be useful to you from a few months ago, particularly if you use Premiere:

Is this a good spec and price for a Premiere optimised PC build

Note that the last comment about cores and Premiere is wrong. I've had the system in that thread built, with some very minor improvements, and Premiere does use all of the cores. I know because I can watch the individual core graphs (in Windows Resource Monitor) sometimes hit 100% when rendering or exporting 4K timelines.

Also note that Nvidia have just announced their new 1080 video card, which should outperform the 980Ti. But keep in mind it's not out yet and it may not play nicely with your edit software to start with.

On the plus side the price of the 980Ti should start to drop in the weeks/month ahead.

Nigel Davey May 15th, 2016 05:36 AM

You and others might find this article very useful re ssd's, system bottlenecks and Premiere disk setup/configuration: Disk Setup

Also this may help re the 980Ti:

Docea Marius May 16th, 2016 10:46 AM

is possible to work with 4k file from FS5..wen i buy a GTX 980TI ? I have intel I7 2500K 16GB RAM sistem is SSD