Garbled Audioand drop outs - Sony FS-5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old October 8th, 2016, 11:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Garbled Audioand drop outs - Sony FS-5

Hello all. I've been having intermittent digital drop outs on occasion, usually 1 or 2 frames of pixillation on random clips and lately, I've had some digitization of the audio where everything is tinny and digitized. This happens when I'm using the built in mic for ambient and an external wireless. It happened a few times before and I just thought it might be the wireless mic and the environment around me but last week it happened with the ambient sound from the internal mic.

Has anyone had any of these problems and if so, what is your solution? Maybe it's the SD card?

Thanks
Brian Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #2
Sponsor: Westside AV

Re: Garbled Audioand drop outs - Sony FS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Chow View Post
Hello all. I've been having intermittent digital drop outs on occasion, usually 1 or 2 frames of pixillation on random clips and lately, I've had some digitization of the audio where everything is tinny and digitized. This happens when I'm using the built in mic for ambient and an external wireless. It happened a few times before and I just thought it might be the wireless mic and the environment around me but last week it happened with the ambient sound from the internal mic.

Has anyone had any of these problems and if so, what is your solution? Maybe it's the SD card?

Thanks
Trying a new up to spec SD card would be a good first step.

If problem persists, back to Sony for warranty service...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5