Powering the PIX - Hirose at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sound Devices PIX series Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Powering the PIX - Hirose

Anybody have any leads on Hirose male 4 pin cables in the US? Either D-tap to Hirose or Hirose to Hirose?

Just mistakenly ordered a D-tap to female power cable and it seems that there are no male 4 pin versions available anywhere except the UK. Sound Devices is saying availability 4-6 weeks. Why is there such a shortage?? I need one by next weekend.
Old January 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Powering the PIX - Hirose

Since it is just a standard Hirose cable, most custom cable houses can make one for you.
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:11 PM   #3
New Boot

I would give Trew Audio a try. They show a D-Tap to BDS cable, so I am pretty sure that if they didn't have one in stock, they could make up a D-Tap to Hirose in short order.

Remote Audio BDS Power Input Cable - Anton Bauer (BDSINBAUER) - BDS - Cables, Connectors & Adapters - Trew Audio

Matt Mayer
Sound Mixer
Applications Engineer
Sound Devices, LLC
Matt Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 11:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Matt, I think Trew is a good bet. Contacted them and I believe they can make one for me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sound Devices PIX series Recorders