DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sound Devices PIX series Recorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sound-devices-pix-series-recorders/)
-   -   No one is having any serious issues? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sound-devices-pix-series-recorders/510162-no-one-having-any-serious-issues.html)

Kevin Martorana August 22nd, 2012 09:52 AM

No one is having any serious issues?

I'm amazed that this forum is not that busy. Does that mean the Pix is everything that everyone wanted ? No one is having any serious issues ?

We've been using it and delighted with it.

Just curious... :)

Paul Ream August 23rd, 2012 11:45 AM

re: No one is having any serious issues?

Combined with my F3, the PIX240 has been performing perfectly for me ever since V.1,05 fixed the silly timecode issue. It's been used most days since December 2011, on many long intensive broadcast TV shoots, and never missed a beat. No corrupt files, errors or issues of any kind. After purchasing, (and struggling with) recorders from most of the opposition... Atomos, KiPro Mini, NanoFlash etc., the PIX240 is indeed proving to be everything I ever wanted in an onboard video recorder.

Congratulations to Sound Devices for getting it so right!

Paul Isaacs August 24th, 2012 03:02 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Always good to know we're heading in the right direction!
BTW, keep an eye out for some new goodies very soon . . .

Paul
Technical Development manager
Sound Devices

Paul Isaacs August 24th, 2012 04:02 PM

very soon ..... meaning ..... NOW!

PIX 220 and PIX 240 Firmware Athena (v 2.01) Now Available

http://www.sounddevices.com/download/pix-firmware/

Kevin Martorana August 27th, 2012 07:44 PM

thank you for the update ! NICE new features. Used our Pix today with new firmware and all seems great !

Now...for the HD/SD reticles and center cross hairs ? PLEASE....pretty please ??? :)

Paul Ream August 28th, 2012 03:40 AM

Center cross hairs that can stay on when the other info is turned off is a good idea. Also, it'd be really useful to have the option of displaying timecode on the outputs (for directors monitors), independently of what's displayed on the screen. Oh and a loupe that fits on the front and makes it a spare large viewfinder as well !!!

Kevin Martorana August 29th, 2012 08:23 PM

So I upgraded to the new firmware. Had a client call from London UK today. Wants a two day shoot and deliver files via HDD. Well..we don't have a camcorder that can switch to PAL. So...I thought...hey...can the PIX take a NTSC signal HDSDI and record a PAL file ?

HA...YUP ! ProRes 422 36 file for client...1080 25.

Had to do a little audio delay tweaking in the PIX...but the fine folks at SoundDevices already have a spec sheet for the offsets. We're bringing in audio via XLR...so the offset is more noticable than just HDSDI. Using our Canon XL-H1 camcorder.

Thanks again SoundDevices....amazing how powerful your little Pix240 is.

Mark Kenfield September 6th, 2012 09:42 PM

I haven't really recorded to anything else since I got my PIX240. Used it with the F3, with little Z7s, with an HPX500 - regardless of what I use it with it improves both my image quality and the speed with which I can push each project through editing (the speed is what most excites me).

I'll be using it with my Blackmagic Camera as soon as that arrives.

Chris Dickinson September 13th, 2012 07:09 AM

Hmm.... I guess Sound Devices simply delivered what we wanted...

Chris

Paul Ream September 14th, 2012 05:08 PM

Re: No one is having any serious issues?

Must admit... I was a little bit gutted when I saw the new PIX240i at IBC. That new screen is very nice indeed. Quite usable as an on-board monitor and super sharp now. Just got to figure out how to justify selling the PIX240 to buy a PIX240i ???

Kevin Martorana October 3rd, 2012 10:53 AM

Re: No one is having any serious issues?

Ok...so on the wish list...

overcrank and undercrank ? Please ? :)