Advantages of 4K for soloshooters - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > SPC - Single Person Crew
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

SPC - Single Person Crew
Who said "One is the Loneliest Number?" You'll never walk alone here.

Old December 31st, 2014, 09:31 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Advantages of 4K for soloshooters

Quote:
or even as quiet as the Canon C's
Does your gh4 make noise? :) Mine is silent when I shoot video.

About lowlight, I have no issue shooting at 3200 iso all the time at evening receptions or 6400 when needed, 4K downscaled to 1080p makes the grain smaller as well and the pixel peepers will see the noise but I don't on a big tv from a normal viewing distance. I use a 12mm f2.0 lens which is wide open most of the time on my steadicam and it gives me manageable dof, it's rare I have focussing issues and for other lowlight shots I use a 25mm f1.4 and a 75mm f1.8 on a tripod which are basically my go to lenses for the entire reception.

I"m sure a c100 is cleaner at 12800 iso compared to 6400 on the gh4 and the a7s is a class on it's own but I have not had any lowlight issues this year, also not at candle lit only venues, except when they turn out all the light during the first dance with only candlelights on the table, normally the DJ still puts some light on the couple which is sufficient for me but I have had one occasion where that did not happen and for those occasions I use my own videolight on a lightstand to give me a bit of fill light, that's still a lot cheaper then getting a 3k+ a7s :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 11:58 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: Advantages of 4K for soloshooters

Ideally you should have NR turned all the way down. Still seems like there's some going on, and I hope Panasonic tweaks that a bit. I think the noise looks "better" with NR turned all the way down because the NR process just doesn't look that great. Neat Video in post gives far better results.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > SPC - Single Person Crew