Vinten head on Bogen video head adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications

Old August 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vinten head on Bogen video head adapter

Has anyone used a Vinten head on a Bogen/Manfrotto video head adapter? I need to know if the Bogen adapter takes the thread from the bolt in the Vinten head? Anyone?

Otherwise have you used a Sachtler head with this config?
Peter Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Bit more info............

He means this particular adapter (no, I'm not phsycic, we've been chatting all arvo).

tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 325N - ADATTATORE PER SFERA

It obviously works with Manfrotto and we've both seen it used with a Sachtler, but the head to adapter attachment means is a mystery.

If it requires the head bolt to be retained by means of a threaded nut (standard Manfrotto size), and the Sachtler is identical, then anyone with a Vinten is, er, negatively screwed, so to speak.

All input greatfully received.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 10:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I can put this topic to rest now. No, it doesn't fit. : (

However (topics springs back to life suddenly), as this is an ongoing mission I would like to know if anyone has a solution to this
problem. Could there be another fitting out there besides Manfrotto that accommodates the Vinten head?

Sadly I've had to opt for using a non fluid 190C head and probably use it with absolute minimal panning. This can't be the last word surely??!!
Peter Damo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications