Tripod Table for Laptop or Projector at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 4th, 2015, 01:58 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Tripod Table for Laptop or Projector

I'm looking for a light portable solution to put projector on. I currently have a projector table that is heavy 15 lbs, minimum height is on the high side and set is time consuming, screwing in four legs and telescoping each leg to adjust the height and leveling is a pain.

On B&H I saw a couple of solutions both expensive.

1. table tops that screw on top of a tripod for around $200 (that doesn't include the tripod itself)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/818525-REG/Tether_Tools_TTAM15BLK_Aero_for_15_Apple.html
2. Stands that have some drawbacks like the top doesn't come off.

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; September 4th, 2015 at 06:10 PM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 05:35 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Tripod Table for Laptop or Projector

You may be doing this already but didn't write it that way. It's much easier with a project-o-stand type 4-legged table to adjust the four legs while they are laying beside each other before they are screwed into the table surface.

For a tripod type stand, I have for years used a speaker stand and a DIY wooden top surface bolted to a speaker-stand adapter. It's lightweight, stable, low cost, comes apart for transport, and you can make the top surface whatever size you need.

I also have a speaker-stand to light-stand adapter, so I can mount it on a shorter light-stand when minimum mounting height is needed.

The only negative is the table top angle can't be adjusted. It's simply flat and level but very rugged.

The Samson LTS50 is a ready made similar item with the ability to tilt the top surface. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1063120-REG/samson_lts50_laptop_stand.html
This Samson stand claims the top surface is removable. Some of the other stand tops of this type aren't removable but must fold either flat or as some users complain only close to flat.

Last edited by Jay Massengill; September 8th, 2015 at 05:08 PM.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications