Merlin at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 14th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Merlin

I am looking to purchase a Melrin for my A1. Good Idea? Secondly is there anything else I should order with it? And lastly, what is the g-platz and does it come with it?
Luke Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #2
Major Player

The "G-platz" screw is a screw used to take out any slop in the mounting of the camera to the stage. Yes it's included.

The Steadicam Merlin comes with everything you need to fly the camera.

And if you are looking for a Steadicam for either a Canon A1 (or the Sony A1 for that matter), the Merlin is about the best choice.

- Mikko
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Depending on your shooting needs you might want to consider the accessory plate as well. The accessory plate allows you to mount amoung other things, a lightweight wireless receiver for recording audio via wireless transmitter. I can certainly vouch for the Merlin. I sets up balancing really fast and easy. This is extremely important when you are "flying" your camera.
Guy Shaddock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)