XHA1/Glidecam 4000/Smooth Shooter/WD-H72 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old December 1st, 2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Major Player

XHA1/Glidecam 4000/Smooth Shooter/WD-H72

Here's a pic of my bare steady rig.

Including the Canon wide lens. I suspect that the sled and camera weigh in at about 13-14 pounds but I have not weighed it. I added some weight to the top to make the rig a little more heavy overall. Spring setting on the SS is set to 4 with both springs in. With a Frezzi mini-fill, shock mounted AT 4031a mic and a 7" lcd monitor (don't have the monitor or light yet) I think I will likely max out the system.

Mounting the LCD and batteries may also be a bit of a noodle scratcher. A few mods are in order.

Added bubble levels to the weight plate...speeds balancing tremedously. The manfrotto 577 quick release is perfect for swaping to the tripod too.

Pretty smooth footage so far. Had the 4000 for about 3 months before getting the SS and was too frustrated at the weight factor. Now things are coming together.
Attached Thumbnails
XHA1/Glidecam 4000/Smooth Shooter/WD-H72-james-basic-steady-rig.jpg  
James Hooey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)