Looking for Steadicam that will work with Camera+Brevis35+Lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Looking for Steadicam that will work with Camera+Brevis35+Lens

Hello Everybody --
I'm looking to purchase a steadicam within the next couple weeks for an upcoming project. I just recently purchased the Brevis35 along with a few Nikon lenses. I purchased the rails with the system, and everything works great! Now I'm looking for a steadicam that can handle everything. I'm shooting with a Canon XH-A1 and am using the rails that come with the Brevis. Is there a steadicam that you guys would recommend that will work with my extended XH-A1, the Brevis system, and the rails?

Any help you guys could give me would really be appreciated. I'm looking to stay under $2500 if possible, but I understand that a product in this price range might not work so any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks again for your help!
-Jordan Orberg
Jordan Orberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Jordan, if $2500 is your max my advice would be to hire an op for your shoot.
Old May 25th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Trustee

What is your total weight?

The only thing that I would suggest in your price range is the Indicam:
http://www.indicam.com/index.php?opt...d=11&Itemid=58

The guy that makes them seems very nice, has a a good reputation as far as I can tell, and he posts here a lot.

His upgraded arm handles up to 14 pounds. Of course, flying a 35mm adapter has a lot of issues involved, not the least of which may be focus via a wireless system, etc. etc.

If you search the forum you will find a lot of posts about his product, the Inducan Pilot.

I don't know if Glidecam has anything in your price range that is worth getting for that weight.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 06:27 AM   #4
Trustee

I had one of those :) Ya Terry is the man from Indicam. He is a great guy. The sled is well made, very balanced. However u cant compare it with a Steadicam Pilot as the price is a different class all together. A friend of mine uses it with the brevis rig as well (including the flip)
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)