Anyone using a Levelpod? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone using a Levelpod?

I checked it out on the LevelCam website, and it seems like a very easy to use product. I was leaning towards getting a Flowpod, but this actually looks much easier to use for a couple of reasons: (1) Easier on the back, shoulders, and arms with leverage and the shoulder strap so it can be used on longer shots, (2) you can change your hand holding point at will to balance the product on the fly instead of having a fixed hand position and needing to rebalance the whole rig if I make a change, and (3) the levelpod has a quickrelease, so I don't need a screwdriver to remove the camera for tape changes (bottom loading camcorder, unfortunately).

But I can't find any reviews or feedback on the Levelpod. Is anyone using the Levelpod yet?
BJ Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Contributor

That's just a board to mount the camera on and a waist brace. The Flowpod is a free-floating type stabilizer with a gimbal. I would think this device would be more comparable to something like the Figrig.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #3
New Boot

I'm with Bill on this one. There are several products similar to this one also out there. FigRig is a good investment an didn't too expensive either. If you want true stability, you're going to want some sort of shoulder mounted rails setup at best. What camera do are you shooting with BJ?
Joseph Stunzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the input. I'm using a Sony HC1 with a Rode Videomic and sometimes a Sunpak video light. This is just for my son's football games, family vacations, and playing around.
BJ Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #5
New Boot

Why not get the Spiderbrace. It gives you the stability of your shoulder and the stability of having a two hand grip. Plus it's only $70! SpiderBrace.com - Home of the Spider Brace Shoulder Support

You could get a zoom remote from Varizoom and mount it on one of the handles too!
Joseph Stunzi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)