DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/)
-   -   Flycam 5000 With Comfort Arm & Vest (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/137544-flycam-5000-comfort-arm-vest.html)

D.J. Ammons November 10th, 2008 09:00 PM

Flycam 5000 With Comfort Arm & Vest

I know there are a few older posts about the Flycam 5000 but I am wondering if there are any Flycam 5000 owners out there that can give some current information about their experience with it.

I have been intrigued by it and accidently discovered this week that one of my children plans on buying it for me for Christmas.

I know about the item itself and the Indian company that sells it. What I am interested in is actual testimonials from people who own it.

It may be my imagination but it also looks to me like perhaps the vest and maybe the arm were upgraded at some point from some of the earlier photo's I have seen. Does anybody know if that is true?

I also noticed that the price has gone down right now you can purchase it for around $550 plus postage where I see some forum posts from 2007 referring to a $900 price.

Charles King November 12th, 2008 04:19 AM

There is an owner that bought the 7000 version. See his review on HBS in the review forum here: Reviews

Hope it helps.

D.J. Ammons November 13th, 2008 02:57 PM

Thanks Charles. I will cross my fingers and pray that I get one with good bearings and put together right since I am NOT a DIYer.

Before someone says then buy the Glidecam Smooth Shooter let me say that I also don't have the budget to spend the three times as much it takes to get it vs. the Flycam 5000 with arm and vest!

Charles King November 23rd, 2008 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.J. Ammons (Post 963273)
Thanks Charles. I will cross my fingers and pray that I get one with good bearings and put together right since I am NOT a DIYer.

Before someone says then buy the Glidecam Smooth Shooter let me say that I also don't have the budget to spend the three times as much it takes to get it vs. the Flycam 5000 with arm and vest!

Well, you do not have to be a DIYer to make the recommended mods if the need be. Just get a mechanic or machinist to rectify the points if they do creep in after you have received the system. I pointed the review so you can be aware of the issues if you do get your system.

Selim Mete July 3rd, 2009 09:56 AM

Comparing Flycam 6000 vs 7000

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could compare ProAim 7000 to Magic Arm 6000?
My question in detail can be found in this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/canon-eos...-5dmkii-3.html

Richard Crook July 22nd, 2009 11:59 AM

I owned the Flycam + Comfort arm and vest, and I also have used the Glidecam smooth shooter, both one-armed stabilization units. I have to say, that the Flycam was better. They both performed exactly the same as far as stabilization, but the glidecam is fancier "looking" and has a couple issues, like no quick release camera mount (the Flycam has one) and waaaay too bulky for a one-armed rig. The comfort arm and vest is less-obtrusive.

I sold it, however, because ANY one-armed rig will constrain the ablity to get the smoothest shots possible. I would go with a double joint arm with ANY rig you buy.

But for the price of a one-armed rig, the Comfort Arm w/ Flycam 5000 is the way to go.

Richard Crook July 22nd, 2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selim Mete (Post 1166664)
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could compare ProAim 7000 to Magic Arm 6000?
My question in detail can be found in this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/canon-eos...-5dmkii-3.html

The differences are:

1.Indicator magic arm has 2 extra features that are not in proaim reverse arm kit.

(i) AN INDICATOR:

An indicator lets you know when the tension spring of the arm is to be tightened. It is the most important additional feature in this arm. The cameraman can set the spring at any point according to the weight of the camera.

(ii) ARM VEST CONNECTOR SOCKET

The another main feature of the new Indicator Magic Arm is an Arm Vest Connector Socket. The socket can be placed in a locked position if desired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. The DV operator Vest is more professional and more comfortable in the proaim7000 reverse arm .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The main important feature in Proaim7000 reverse arm kit is :

In this arm (PROAIM-7000 Reverse Arm), you can adjust the spring location. So, you can adjust the vertical movement. By changing the spring location, the arm can reach at height and lower down to the waist.

Link for Indicator magic kit :

Indicator Arm Vest + Flycam6000 Steadicam Stabilization - eBay (item 400062449924 end time Jul-24-09 21:07:18 PDT)

Link for proaim7000 reverse arm kit :

PROAIM 7000 REVERSE ARM VEST STABLIZATION FOR MOVIE CAM - eBay (item 400061854529 end time Jul-21-09 11:52:58 PDT)