Steadicam SOA Training in May09 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 27th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Trustee

Steadicam SOA Training in May09

Anyone attending this? I'm not sure if this is very tuned for the large camera operators. I'm only a steadicam Pilot guy. Would it be an overkill? It will cost a lot of $$ for me to get all the way there so i'm seriously considering the best buck for my bucks!

Steadicam Operators Association, The Largest online database of Steadicam Operators
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Wrangler

Sean:

There are plenty of 2-day workshops oriented towards Pilot and Flyer owners, check the steadicam.com website for info on those.

The 5 day workshop is much more comprehensive and indeed you would be using larger rigs--but the thing is, Steadicam is Steadicam, it's the same skill regardless of which rig you are using. Nearly all of the techniques and information you would learn would be applicable to your work with the Pilot. If you ever had thoughts that someday you might like to upgrade to a larger rig and work with full-size cameras, definitely take the complete workshop (it might even hasten the process)!

It's an expensive investment, but it has altered the course of many an individual's career and I have never heard of anyone disappointed in having taken the 5-day workshop.
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Major Player

Sean it may work out cheaper for you down under.

Two day:
Steadicam Workshops using the Steadicam Flyer based in Australia

Five day:
Summer School in Film making, Australia

I've done both and they are both excellent.
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #4
Trustee

Hey thanks folks. The australian options are worth considering. I just need to compare the total costs.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)