Steadica merlin model at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 18th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #1
Trustee

Steadica merlin model

Merlin Steadicam by Tiffen Steadycam Steady Cam Merlin su eBay.it Digital Camera Accessories, Camera Accessories, Cameras Photo

IS THIS the new model?For that price is a good deal?I want to purchase one but i can't find for a good price in Spain.

Thx
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The new model has the metal gimbal, so that is the new model.

What price is good? For new, that's a good price. For used, it's high. eBay transactions for a Merlin tend to be around $500-$575, for a used model.

That auction looks like it's for a new Merlin, though.
Dana Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Trustee

Dana,thx i wish i could find a good deal to ship oversea here in Spain.Do you have it?I wanna buy it to use with my FX1;i know tha soon i'll desire to upgrade with an arm vest right?
So for that price(new) is there anything better than the Merlin?

thx
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm not a big fan of the Merlin on an arm. It's nice to have, but you're hobbled by the design of the Merlin, in that low mode won't work and whip pans are tougher (both because the spar becomes a testicle-level jabbing device and there's no external monitor.)

I love my Merlin. I just don't think the arm is a great upgrade idea....until Tiffen decides an upgrade from that to a Pilot makes sense, that is.

I'd recommend the Blackbird. It's less expensive than the Merlin, and has a couple of very, very useful features - the friction knob is a big deal, and the pan handle below the gimbal is very sweet. It's easier for me to use (with my ham hands) than a Merlin on the little HV I like to fly.
Dana Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #5
Trustee

Dana where can i view the Blackbird in action?Do u suggest it for the FX1 use?
Where can i buy it online?
thx and sorry 4 da quests
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)