DVX100/ GC 4000 Balance crisis.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old February 13th, 2004, 01:36 PM   #1
New Boot

DVX100/ GC 4000 Balance crisis....

Hi all-

I'm new here, first post anywhere-

Got a dvx100, just got a GC4000 w/ the body pod-

Shooting local spots here and there, weddings and docu-run and gun type stuff.

Can anyone w/the same setup recommend how many weights they are using, how far out on the base they position them, and generally any other advice on balancing and use, how tall should I set the post?

The center post is pretty straight up and down, side to side, but when I walk or do anything it swings all over the place 'pendulum' like, does this still mean I'm out of balance? Is this as good as it gets.

Major annoyance in have to use two hands to get it to look into the right direction. Maybe its just buyer's remorse or maybe you really do need to practice alot as I heave read.

Thanks for advice-

Jeff
Old February 13th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #2
Wrangler

Jeff,

You absolutely have to use two hands. The pictures that show just a support hand are erroneous. Pan and tilt is controlled with the free hand otherwise you will experience the swinging. Use a light fingertip touch to keep the camera pointing the way you want and exerting minimal force for pan and tilt. Good luck!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)